Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:40 PM EDT
any tips/inputs re: daewoo rifles/carbines.   are they reliable considering they are also ar15/ar18  clones.   thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pre 89 K1A1  I have owned since 91. No problems here it is accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
website?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
website?

?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Frome everything I've heard they are everything you want in a weapon.  Accurate, reliable, balanced, ergonomic etc etc except a bitch to get spare parts for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]

yes, good rifles,  just impossible to get parts for
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the part issue I guess I will deal with that problem if it ever comes up.  But so far so good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Frome everything I've heard they are everything you want in a weapon.  Accurate, reliable, balanced, ergonomic etc etc except a bitch to get spare parts for.

do they have a website?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Not that I know of, that doesn't mean anything though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Great rifles... Enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Having owned an AR100 I can tell you that replacement parts will be a Mofo.  Little does break on them, but if it does, your screwed.

IMHO - Ditch it for as much as you can get, and get a replacement AR-15

There are virtually no US resident parts available, and only a very few of the Daewoo parts can be interchanged with AR-15 parts (I sold mine 1 year prior to the end of the ban for $1200 - no way to get that now!)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I  have had 2 great rifles nothing wrong with them just wanted something else at the time and traded them
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, well parts are the issue.  Actually, parts are the only issue.  Every once in awhile someone sells parts on Egay, sometimes on Sturmgewehr.  When I find them, I buy them.  Now have just about everything I might need.  Well, almost.

My K2 is the last semi I will ever sell.  It goes bang every time.  No exceptions.  The stock hammer spring was too weak for some of my SA, so I replaced it with the standard M16 spring - but this isn't a knock on the gun.

Undeveloped, it has died on the vine - a historical footnote.  No rails, no flattops, no modular anything - no fault of the gun, just a victim of circumstances.

Sam  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Won't an AR trigger group drop right in? IIRC, you have to use all the AR parts or it won't work right.

That's half of the parts that might break right there. Find a firing pin and you should be good to go for spares.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Won't an AR trigger group drop right in? IIRC, you have to use all the AR parts or it won't work right.

That's half of the parts that might break right there. Find a firing pin and you should be good to go for spares.

Spare bolt?  and the firing pin IIRC is different.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top