Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2003 5:44:04 PM EDT
My buddies Colt came back from parkerising and now it short cycles intermittantly and to zero it he had to move the rear sight all the way to one side.I suspect these things are related.
One thing i noticed is that it did no have solid pins.Don't they all use solid pins.
Hes been borrowing my dissipator for the 3-gun matches we shoot using his ammo and mags.The gun gets alittle warm passing it back and fourth but it has'nt burped yet(mine).
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
powerstrokedit,

Do you mean solid taper pins? If it was parkerized then whoever did the parkerizing removed the barrel from the upper. When they reinstalled it they put it on crooked. Dunno what's causing the short stroke, could be anything from your description.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I read my post oops.Yes the solid tapered pins.
I thought there is no choice on the center of the front post,once the pins go in, the post follows were they go completly in at.
Does that make any sense.So perhaps the correct pins might get it centered.Did any ar use regular roll pins to attach the front post to the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If they lost the taper pins from your barrel and installed roll pins, or something else it, may be causing the sight misalignment and may be causing the gas port hole in the FSB to be misaligned with the gas port in the barrel.

Colt barrels use solid taper pins.

There could also be problems if there is Pakerizing salt, or blasting media, left in the chamber from refinishing.

Sounds like whoever did the work is an idiot so ANYTHING could be wrong here.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top