Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 1:41:29 PM EDT
www.crimsontrace.com/countdownb.html

These have been talked about for some time now  - apparently the first batch went to military / LE and they should hit the civillian market soon.

Anybody hear how much they're supposed to be going for?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That doesn't look like it will fit a flat top.  I wonder how many swat teams are 'stacked up, tapped up' with A2's?  I think they shoulda re thunk that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they high? None for the flat top! Because the main customers are going to be the grunts with teir A2s and NOT the spec ops guys with the flat tops.   head.gif
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Guys.....you could have had a Crimson Trace vertical grip at least 5-6 years ago!  There was/is a company that makes a vertical foregrip that accomodates the .45 style grip.  Take the supplied grip off and add the Crimson Trace!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From what I hear they are also coming out with a VG that will have one of their lasers built into it....
C4

..That sounds like a decent idea.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have seen one of the Crimson Trace Laser handgrips. They do require an A1 or A2 upper, but will work with an ACOG mounted to the carry handle. They are pretty cool. Replaces the grip and can be removed and will rezero when reinstalled. I didnt get a chance to test it out very much, but this is what I read and was told by their reps about it. The laser was bright, activation was simple and the design was non-obtrusive. I liked it quite a bit and Im not even really a laser type guy!

That's the part that had me interested - there's not a lot of bulk involved - just a new grip with a little extra part for the laser. Read a preview in swat magazine which said the laser was very bright and capable up showing up at up to 2000 yards at night and 30 feet during the day.

And also, an A3 compatible version is supposed to be ready shortly after the release of the first model.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top