Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:01:17 PM EDT
i don't think it was ever answered in akawilliams topic. but can you soak over night hoppes #9 copper solvent in a chrom lined barrel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I WOULD'NT EVER let copper solvent soak in a barrel over night.  30 mins is the maxium I'd let it soak. Then repeat the process.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask hoppes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I do it all the time.  No problems yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I know regular hoppes is ok to soak overnight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My bore cleaner choice is Sweets 7.62, but I'd never leave it overnight as unlike the Hoppes, Sweets is serious bore cleaner and will never require soaking overnight to remove the copper from your bore.

Follow the instructions on the bottle and choose a good non-methanol carb-cleaner like the SuperTech 2000 sold by Walmart for rinse the bore clear of the Sweets, then lube w/ CLP.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
       I  like sweets but my heavy duty bore cleaner of choice is "BUTCHES BORE SCRUB". I use the TV rule. I juice up the bore,flip on the tv while tidying up the gunroom,at the commercial I patch out the bore and re-juice.This will leave about any really dirty bore clean as a whistle with a half hour show,a really ratty milsup may take a 60 min show.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top