Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2003 4:31:43 PM EDT
I would amagine everything but the upper?

also how hard is it to install a upper, what kind of tools are needed?

and would you hesitate to build on a ASA lower?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes a complete lower is everything but the complete upper. If you have a complete lower and a complete upper, it is just a matter of pushing the pins and dropping the upper on.

If you do some reading in the "Build It Yourself" Forums you can learn a lot. As far as an ASA complete lower goes, well from what I have heard about the companies customer support, I wouldn't use one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Installing an upper assembly to a complete lower assembly requires the user to close two push pins. About 5 to 6 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have two of them.  One required some minor (2 minutes) fitting.  Otherwise they were fine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#4]
It's hard to screw up a lower, even for ASA.

I bet if you went down to the shop as long as mean Bob isn't there they would still help you put it together if you had any problems.

I doubt you will because it is bolt on.  Just 2 sliding bolts.  And then you can go shoot.  I don't know where you are at but I am also willing to help you if you ever need it.

So, I gather from all of your posts, you at this point, wan't to buy an ASA lower, and get a good upper from somewhere else.

That's is probably how mine will end up as soon as I get a new job.  I will keep the ASA lower and get a good upper for it.  My ASA upper will become a spare parts platform.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top