Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2011 9:50:04 AM EDT
Just thought id share ive been bitten by the retro bug  , i have a colt sp2 carbine with an A1 upper i bought for 450 buck a few years back and finally decided i was going to make it a xm177!! i got my reproduction moderator and grenade ring from BRICK and an over sized front push pin from Jerrell Sharp . when i get back from afghan i am going to send it to adco to have the work done and then to Victor to have it re anodized!
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent! Get home safe But ahhhh,the XM177 did not use the grenade ring. The XM177E2 did!. Review this thread:http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/296919_USGI_Colt_Carbine_parts_variation_guide_Edition_IV.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice choice on a build And M1 is right the 177e2 had the ring the 177 didn't. Here is a pic of the one I just finished up if it helps.

And keep your head down and come home safe!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
then it will just have to be an E2 i didnt think of that. im going to have to have a 12.5" barrel anyway to bring it to 16" overall length. im also keeping the flat handguard retention ring. it also has a slab side lower but hey what can i say. the whole project will put me around 650$ total i will, i should be back in 2 months. cant wait!

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
SORRY TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS,BUT THE 12.5 BARREL COMES UP A C HAIR TOO SHORT.You WILL want to read Bricks reply in this post regarding barrel length:http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/543503_Barrel_and_info_for_XM177E2.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is mine using a Bushmaster superlight 16" barrel with cut/weld job by Heatnbeat,,total overall  length is 16.01" or so.:Lower is my Palmetto Arms partial fence,,this is what started my disease.All I wanted to do was correct it,,now EVERY single part has been replaced except the Palmetto lower.All springs,pins,stock,buffer tube,upper,,EVERYTHING replaced

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is mine using a Bushmaster superlight 16" barrel with cut/weld job by Heatnbeat,,total overall  length is 16.01" or so.:Lower is my Palmetto Arms partial fence,,this is what started my disease.All I wanted to do was correct it,,now EVERY single part has been replaced except the Palmetto lower.Alls springs,pins,stock,buffer tube,upper,,EVERYTHING replaced
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww111/Robpics/004-6.jpg
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww111/Robpics/005-3.jpg

Thanks for the info, by any chance could you email me the photo? i cant see any photos on arfcom because our internet is restricted, cant see anything from a " media sharing website" i know in the future ill end up doing something more correct but for now the 16" pencil barrel just looks to long compared to how my noveske looks and i didnt see the point cutting it down to 14.7  and pinning on the bird cage, so i figured i go with the 601 lower with a 2 position collapsible stock, a1 upper with teardrop fa and a pseudo xm177e2 barrel look. haha when heatnbeat does barrel work does he refinish as well? my moderator is alot more black looking than my rifle? thanks again. any help is definitely appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Stay safe!  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem,,IM or email me your direct addy,and I will attach pics and email you back asap. Yes,Heatnbeat does the whole "9".Cuts the bayo lug,removes forging flash on the FSB,cuts,pins,welds and parks.One stop shopping. You will need to email him and ask if he will take it on,he's limiting work right now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
e-mail sent, thanks again
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
m1sniper i just got the pics , thanks again. that is one dam good looking rifle!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
update: just ordered the correct stock from essential arms! next step , will be having my brother send it to adco! that is all.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top