Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:21:23 PM EDT
I am putting together my first lower - a Rock River and have begun the hunt for a 1 in 7 twist upper. Do the colt 6920 uppers have the large colt pivot pin. If so what is involved in the connection to the smaller set ups. Also any other 1 in 7 twist favorites out there?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A new 6920 will have a standard size (.250") pivot pin hole.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A new 6920 will have a standard size (.250") pivot pin hole.

This
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The LE6920 upper has standard small pins-Colt stopped using large pins quite a while ago. FWIW, I run several 6920 uppers on Rock River lowers and have had excellent luck with them :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

ETA: Here are two of them-RRA lowers with LE6920 uppers:

Here's another one (bottom rifle):
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking smoke poles! Thanks for the info. I am psyched
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice looking smoke poles! Thanks for the info. I am psyched

Excellent :)

When it comes to building your own, Colt uppers on RRA lowers go together like peanut butter and jelly-a great combination.

ETA: LMT makes a damn nice upper as well. I can't vouch for other brands-as I've only built my own with Colt, LMT, and RRA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top