Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 8:53:06 PM EST
ok i have one of the small 9round colt hunting/target mags. w/the black block on the bottom.how do i take it apart?i want to clean it and cant figure it out thanx Bently
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:55:31 PM EST
you know this thing aint going to clean itself!somebody heeeeeeeeeeelp!Bently
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:26:45 AM EST
This is not the type of info that we share with Non-Team members.

Just kidding. I don't own one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:23:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 3:15:15 PM EST by bently]
oh i see how you are. so your like the kid who gets picked last for a team but you own the football so you get madand take it home.lol. damn i told you we should have picked the fat kid first now we dont have a ball. lOl Bently
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:23:03 PM EST
I'm not sure about the Colt mags, but if they are similar to the Bushmaster new type 10's they cannot be taken apart without destroying the mag.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:31:54 AM EST
a simple operation..., drill out the rivit & remove base plate, if you want it to be a 20 rounder just leave out the "U" shapped restricter, clean & reassemble.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:17:03 AM EST

ok i have one of the small 9round colt hunting/target mags. w/the black block on the bottom.

IIRC, there should be a small medal tab on the front of the magazine. Push the tab down and pull the black bottom forward off the mag.

Sly
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:04:50 AM EST
Best thing ya can do wth that piece of junk, is toss it in the trash and get yourself some real USGI 20 and 30 round mags.

I got two with my new Colt and both were guaranteed "jam-o-matics", I tossed 'em both. Cleaning ain't gonna help those things, hell even the ones that come with new Bushmasters ain't much better.

The PC mags sold with new rifles IMO aren't designed to work because most know they aren't worth a darn, so it's best to get rid of 'em.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:35:46 AM EST

Best thing ya can do wth that piece of junk, is toss it in the trash and get yourself some real USGI 20 and 30 round mags.
Mike

While in my core I agree with mr_wilson's reply, I wouldn't necessarily throw the baby out with the bath water... I've been lucky enough to have a local shop who believes whole-heartedly if it's COLT, it's gotta be good! He gives generous trade on post ban PC 10 round Colt mags, and not to shabby on Bushmaster etc, towards perfectly good used USGI 20's and 30's. YMMV

Sly
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:39:40 AM EST
thanx guys and your right it is the only mag i have that jams. almost every third round. and the funny thing is the mag looks brand new. i bought it from a local dealer who had a bag of mags he got in trade.i bought two colt 20rnd and the one 9rnd (which only holds 8rnds by the way)for about 40bucks. the two 20's look like stoner made them himself there old as dirt and worn but they have never jammed once.and the brand new looking hunting mag. almost always jams go figure?thanx again bently.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:20:48 PM EST
How much do you want for it?
Top Top