Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:13:03 AM EDT
I have a Colt Match Target Competition HBAR II. When I bought it, I was trying to choose between a shorter gun and Bushmasters 24" varminter. Can I match a 24" upper (bushy or other) with my Colt lower?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:13:31 AM EDT
Yes you can [:)] If you have a large pin Colt lower you will have to spend an extra $6.99 and buy a conversion pin to fit a small pin upper: [url=http://store.yahoo.com/cdnn/arunfronconp.html]CDNN conversion pin[/url] [img]http://store3.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1757_12058557[/img] If your Colt is new enough it may already have a standard front pushpin like my M4 carbine does: [img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/front_pin.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:16:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 10:17:47 AM EDT by shamayim]
If the forward hole on the lower is 1/4 inch, the changeover is a straight drop on. If the forward hole is 3/8, you'll need a conversion adapter pin to match the upper and lower. The best adapter is from CDNN [url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url]. Either way, you're good to go. Just that if you have a largw pin lower, you'll have to spend a few bucks more for the pin[:D] (Edsited to add) AAAh. CJan beat me to it; with pics yet[:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:17:36 PM EDT
Holy moly, at first glance, before I realized it was a digital micrometer, I though you had a Digital clock mounted on your rifle! :-)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:25:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By _DR: Holy moly, at first glance, before I realized it was a digital micrometer, I though you had a Digital clock mounted on your rifle! :-)
View Quote
Ha! [:D] A couple people have said that. I wonder if there would be a market for a digital round counter for an AR15/M16/M4. You know, like the counters in the movie [i]Aliens[/i].
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:07:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CJan_NH: If your Colt is new enough it may already have a standard front pushpin like my M4 carbine does:
View Quote
Even some pre-ban Colts have the small pin. I was very happy when I took my lower to a gunshow today and the M4 upper I wanted actually fit. I don't have a micrometer but what led me initialy to think I had a small pin lower was I put the front pin of the lower through the rear hole of the upper. I figure if it fit then it's small pin. Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:14:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By billparadise:
Originally Posted By CJan_NH: If your Colt is new enough it may already have a standard front pushpin like my M4 carbine does:
View Quote
Even some pre-ban Colts have the small pin. I was very happy when I took my lower to a gunshow today and the M4 upper I wanted actually fit.
View Quote
Yes, I believe AK_Mike has a small pin preban Colt as well. My other two Colts are large pin, and I just replaced the screw with a pushpin adapter-it's pretty slick [:)]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:05:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CJan_NH:
View Quote
Even some pre-ban Colts have the small pin. I was very happy when I took my lower to a gunshow today and the M4 upper I wanted actually fit.
View Quote
Yes, I believe AK_Mike has a small pin preban Colt as well. My other two Colts are large pin, and I just replaced the screw with a pushpin adapter-it's pretty slick [:)]
View Quote
That screw nonsense makes me crazy. What's a pushpin adapter?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:45:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CJan_NH:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
That screw nonsense makes me crazy. What's a pushpin adapter?
View Quote
This [:)] [img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/pushpin.JPG[/img] You can buy one [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/oak-01.asp]here[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:53:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CJan_NH: Yes, I believe AK_Mike has a small pin preban Colt as well. My other two Colts are large pin, and I just replaced the screw with a pushpin adapter-it's pretty slick [:)]
View Quote
I wish. My 6520 had the large pin so I built a large pin flat top M4gery upper for it and so I also got to use a pushpin (large). It was a lot to do just because the adaptor pin was annoying. However, I did luck out in that my FCG pins were standard (small). I see the small front pivot pin prebans from time to time, but didn't have to money to go for it. Prices are coming down! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:03:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
Originally Posted By CJan_NH: Yes, I believe AK_Mike has a small pin preban Colt as well. My other two Colts are large pin, and I just replaced the screw with a pushpin adapter-it's pretty slick [:)]
View Quote
I wish. My 6520 had the large pin so I built a large pin flat top M4gery upper for it and so I also got to use a pushpin (large). It was a lot to do just because the adaptor pin was annoying. However, I did luck out in that my FCG pins were standard (small). I see the small front pivot pin prebans from time to time, but didn't have to money to go for it. Prices are coming down! [:D]
View Quote
Ahh, bummer. I must have been thinking about the FCG pins, not the pushpin. Your rig a slabside, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 10:51:17 PM EDT by billparadise]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
View Quote
View Quote
Colt is messed up. I also have a 6520 ("AR-15A2 Gov't Carbine" roll mark) small pin. I do love the Prancing Pony. Every M-16 I fired had the prancing pony so there must be something there. edited to add sn# GC0127XX. If that might help fill any gaps.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:26:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2003 12:29:26 AM EDT by AK_Mike]
Originally Posted By CJan_NH: Originally Posted By AK_Mike: I must have been thinking about the FCG pins, not the pushpin. Your rig a slabside, isn't it?
View Quote
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15631[/img] Yup. Still, there are 6520's that have all small pins and even the fence, but I think most but not all were blue labels. The all small pins and fence green labels were rare indeed. Still, I keep it, it has character, and it's a Colt. (#GC0069XX)
Top Top