Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:36:46 AM EDT
   I need a new collapsible stock for my RRA 9mm carbine. I can't stand the noisey, rattleing pain in the butt thats on there. It makes so much noise you could forget trying to be stealthy. I would like something that is tight in fit and movement and does not make alot of noise form lose fitting parts. I was looking at the Vltor basic carbine stock kit around $150. Is this stock nosiey and what is the pluses/minus form the standerd to the club foot model stock part? Also does the plasitc stock part slide of the back of the buffer tube if you pull it back to far it looks like so in so pics of the buffer tube I saw . If so is that a good or bad thing?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#1]
My VLTOR doesn't rattle nearly as much as my Bushmaster stock did, but it does rattle some.  Not enough to be an annoyance though.  You'll never be able to eliminate all of the rattle.  As far as how the stock is removed, it goes on and comes off the same way a standard carbine stock does.  Just pull down on the latch and slide it off the back.  The only real difference between the standard and clubfoot is that the clubfoot gives you something to hold on to when shooting, if you like to shoot with that style.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
if you want zero rattle get a magpul m93b, or wait for the UBR.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

love the magpul
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

love the magpul

Or the CTR.  I had a Vltor that didn't really rattle, on the factory tube or my LMT.  I've seen SOCOMs that didn't rattle either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
i like the magpul too.

thread about collapsable stocks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an LMT SOPMOD stock on my baby and love it!  Zero play or rattle and it is one robust stock.  I wouldn't hesitate to knock someone's head with it (um, eh, presuming they deserve it and all...).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top