Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/17/2003 11:58:42 AM EST

Ok, if I buy the RRA 6-position stock from Brownells or Pete do I have all the parts I need to instal it? All I have now is a stripped lower and parts set.

I need a wrench right?

Do I need the "carbine" buffer and spring? (brownells sold seperately)

Thanks, I've never had/installed a collapsable stock before.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:00:11 PM EST
Yep, you'll need a spanner wrench. I didn't know Brownells sold the buffer and spring seperately....why don't you buy the complete set from one of our fine vendors here?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:03:47 PM EST
I installed a VLTOR and colt buffer tube, and a Knights sling attachment point with a fork once. I didnt care to drive to Olympic Arms and buy a tool.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:23:03 PM EST
Yep I used the new spanner wrench to install the old style nut before, but I had a hard time taking it off, that's when I wished I had spent $6 to buy a proper tool instead of using a hammer and drift punch to unscrew it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:55:41 PM EST
Can I buy one of those "combo wrenches" to do the stock, barrel, etc.? What brand do you prefer?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:10:26 PM EST
The older nut has indents as well as holes, the newer nuts have indents but not holes, the wrench I got from Bushmaster doesn't work with the older nuts [url]bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/223-telewrench2.asp[/url] RRA uses the new nut, this tool is perfect for it.
Top Top