i live in wi, and it was very cold out this weekend. i took my ar out to the range this weekend, and was having problem after problem.
1) when i go to insert a mag into the gun, it will not lock into place, if the bolt is closed. once i pull the chargin handle back, it will lock into place, any ideas
2) i was shooting wolf ammo this weekend(i usually shoot reloaded brass), 2 times i got a case stuck between the bolt and charging handle. is there any easy way to get this unstuck, besides prying it out? and why/how does this happen?
3) when i go to chamber a round after the mag is in, i pull the chargin handle all the way back and let got, but it gets stuck half way, and i have to push the forward assist a couple of times to get the job done
4) i had the firing pin go through the primer, and pull it out of the case, i was told to check my headspacing is this correct?
5) at times the gun will not eject the empty case, and start to load another round, causing it to jam.
i am using a bushmaster lower and a stag lefty upper. i know ars dont work the best in cold weather, so i am hoping that was the cause of a few of the problems.