Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 12:45:20 AM EDT
Allright I've decided I want an EOTECH the AA version.  What I need to know now are what are the better ways to co-witness iron sights to this.  It will be going on a flat top bushy with a RAS.  I want to mount the eotech on the reciever and then put some kind of folding rear sight behind that.  I now have a mark brown CQB3 rail with a leupold gilmore on that.  It works really well but I don't like looking through the iron sights to use my optics.  Any ideas are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#1]
EoTechs are designed to cowitness when mounted to the flattop.  Nothing else is necessary.  I personally use an ARMS #40, but any standard height folding sight will work just fine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want an Extra Beefy BUIS, You could also go with a Chopped Carry Handle or LMT Back up Iron Sight.

You dont have to look through the irons either.Just look a little bit over them.It works really good and looks pretty sharp also.

Jm03
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p0ac9f9ab21ec29aefd48d67f9600ccba/fba6d92e.jpg[/img]  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
JM03's set up is awesome, you should also look at the ARMS#40 set up, it is out of the way but not as robust as the cut handle and it does not have any elevation adjustment.  I consider the #40 as the best pop up BUIS ever made.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/MREClose.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with either a Knight's 300M or a GG&G MADD flip up rear sight. Both are very sturdy, completely out of the way when flipped down, and come right back to zero when flipped up. The GG&G unit has the advantage of two different apeture sizes, either of which can be selected in a nano second.

Good luck. You're gonna love the setup.

SD
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Chen, what kind of RAS is that?  FFRAS?

TIA,

TS

Nevermind it's an MRE.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top