Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2006 11:49:11 PM EDT
Guys,

How good is the Cmore red dot? What would be the MOA diode I'd want for general plinking and semi-long range? 2 moa? Can you beat these things up? Wheres the best place to get the replacement diodes?? Which model should I get the sliderail or the tactical?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Not very sturdy very coarse adjustments that lose 0. Its not a bad handgun sight but a terrible rifle sight.
Pat
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck trying to zero the thing
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Yeah... good for handguns, not designed for rifle.  It's more of a match related item instead of a combat item.  From the feel and looks, it'll probably break if dropped

Stick with a Aimpoint!

~nb
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a dumbass that couldn't take the advise you are now getting. I bought one anyhow.The model I have   clamps right on the flatop and has a ar type adj sight built into the rear of the thing. It is slow to aquire a sight picture as you are looking thru the standard apeture. I tried useing it for a carbine class and as soon as I lost a perfect cheek weld I lost the sight picture. So I took apart the rear iron sight goodies to use it as a plain red dot unit (and gave up any possible use of back up iron sight features).It has a good bright dot and a good brightness control. Battery life seems very good,but I only use it for fun and games so I guess I have not  tested it that well. It seems fairly durable but then again I have only played games with it.
As said the adjustment is very coarse and impercise. There are two adjustment screws and each have a lock screw. The adjustment screw is very coarse and next to imposible to hold solid as you tighten the lock screw. You will be chaseing your zero all over the map trying to get it set where you want it. The sight itself is a sloppy fit on the standard flatop rail on my bushmaster and stag uppers and as I try to count notches and hold one way or another against a notch it still doesn't find the same zero when dismounted and remounted.
Turns out the only game I use it for is indoor rimfire plate matches (short 12yd match). With the sight taken apart as I have said this is fast and easy to accuire a sight picture.
I originally bought this sight to use at a local carbine course where the targets are steel plates 6"-10" at 50 to 100 yards and clay pidgeons at 10 to 25 yards and I just could not get a satisfactory zero.
Not like this unit is a great deal $wise- stay away!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top