Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:39:04 PM EDT
newb here i have a question about using my 16 inch middy rra upper with the ciener .22 conversion kit. Will using it reduce my barrel life or not so much that i notice?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Not at all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks for the help and just so i understand correctly black dog mags work well in the ciener conversion also
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely.
Awesome mags and a wonderful company to do business with.

Here's the designated rimfire forum:

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=15

A bunch of great info there.

Heck, if you're in Central OR (you guys never are ), I could let you try mine out...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
ok sounds good. i wish i could try one out before i buy. great area over ther though. im on the coast though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I can only suggest just buying a kit.
Any issues are easily resolved and you will enjoy using it!

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Awsome thanks for all the great info everyone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Awsome thanks for all the great info everyone.Ghostring

Fixed it for ya Glocktalk.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Get the kit, a bunch of BDM mags, clean out your local Walmart of their bulk Federal (stay away from Rem) .22 ammo and prepare to smile.    So far every brand of ammo apart from Remington "Gold" has worked to satisfaction.  

Some folks suggest a couple of .223 rounds at the end to "clean out" the gas tubes.  Sounds reasonable but no one's ever done a scientific test of that theory.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get the kit, a bunch of BDM mags, clean out your local Walmart of their bulk Federal (stay away from Rem) .22 ammo and prepare to smile.    So far every brand of ammo apart from Remington "Gold" has worked to satisfaction.  

Some folks suggest a couple of .223 rounds at the end to "clean out" the gas tubes.  Sounds reasonable but no one's ever done a scientific test of that theory.

Why do you say to say away from the bulk Rem?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#10]
They are just known to be kind of inconsistent - especially compared to similar priced bulk.
On a side note, I have about an 80% success rate with Rem subs in the Ciener.
Federal bulk is about 95% + under same conditions.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They are just known to be kind of inconsistent - especially compared to similar priced bulk.
On a side note, I have about an 80% success rate with Rem subs in the Ciener.
Federal bulk is about 95% + under same conditions.

Really?  I have had 3 FTFs in 1650 rounds of Rem.  My 20" 1/7 also seemed to be much more accurate at 100 yards with the Rem over the Federal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top