BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice...

I was looking for something to test my new 7 Mb/s Internet connection.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
check what out?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
check what out?

I think he's trying to suggest that the original poster size the giant pics down before posting.  Would be nice to put a dial up warning in the subject line too.

Still, worked fine on my 4 Mb/sec cable connection.   That is if you like giant slightly blurry photos.

But hey, we all have to start somewhere!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
all I see is a muzzlebrake.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Still, worked fine on my 4 Mb/sec cable connection.   That is if you like giant slightly blurry photos.

But hey, we all have to start somewhere!

They download fine, but they are so large they can only be viewed in sections.  Its like looking at individual parts.

Anything over 800x600 posted on a forum is too large to be of much use (just my thoughts).
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My DSL service was just activated this evening, thank god! Now if I only had a 27" monitor to view them on, Id be able to enjoy the pics...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Man why can't some people resize a picture?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Anything over 800x600 posted on a forum is too large to be of much use (just my thoughts).

IIRC, 847x567 fits right to the edge of the screen

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Are those pics actual size???
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#10]
IrfanView is a free, handy and versatile picture viewer that allows you easily to resize your pix. I decided, too, when posting my first pix (got a couple of my bike in the car/bike forum) that 800x600 was the largest I should post, and even that seems a bit big for the forum on my 19" screen. I'm on cable modem so I've got a large pipe, and am not affected much by bandwidth issues.

Irfanview

By the way, I think I'm in the same boat as you in trying to get clear, bright pix of stuff indoors with a digital camera. I've tried taking pix of my guns and they always come out too dark. Sunlight is the way to go, I hear.

GL

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Here are a couple resized with bluefive.pixresizer

Anything to help a (new) brother out  

Great looking blasters, tmaxx!!!!  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top