Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/26/2003 9:21:55 AM EDT
I'm not looking for quality. I just want a cheap vertical grip to see how I will like the hold. Preferably under 10 bucks.
got any URLs?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:28:03 AM EDT
If you have an RAS with the threaded holes in the rails, you can get a 1/4 x 20 bolt and thread it in just to see if you like the concept. You could even wrap it in something to make it a little thicker.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:29:58 AM EDT
Hey, check out www.johnmasen.com I just met this guy at a gunshow this weekend. He has a verticle grip with a short rail for $12.95 I believe he has the grip without the rail for around 6 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:38:59 AM EDT
that is a good deal. I see them on Ebay sometimes for as little as 20.00 with a rail and tools
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:15:43 AM EDT
I for a great forward grip for free, try using your mag well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
You can take a broom stick, paint it black, put a screw through the end, then run the screw through your handguard. You cheap bastard.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:44:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Vinnie: You can take a broom stick, paint it black, put a screw through the end, then run the screw through your handguard. You cheap bastard.
View Quote
[lol] Check out the Cobray forward grip for the M11. Worked fine for me and it was pretty cheap. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14741[/img]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:47:54 AM EDT
Ok this is the cheapest. I did this too see if I really wanted to spend the money on a real v-fore grip. Take the side handle off of your Black and Decker grinder (any brand will work) find a nut that is right size and put it in the hole in the fore grip that best suits you. This will damage the metal heat shields in your grip unless you put the nut under the shield. I would not advise that you go out and dump a bunch of mags too see if it works as good as a real V-fore Grip. But will help you see if you like the way it feels on you rifle. I take no responsibility for damage to you or your rifle. ITS JUST TO SEE IF YOU LIKE IT. I WOULD ADVISE THAT YOU SPEND THE MONEY FOR A REAR VERTICAL FORE GRIP IF YOU LIKE IT. T. [8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:50:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Vinnie: You can take a broom stick, paint it black, put a screw through the end, then run the screw through your handguard. You cheap bastard.
View Quote
[ROFL] Hey man, I don't want to spend close to $70 dollars on a Tango Down Grip, then modify it permanently to work on my A.R.M.S. S.I.R., only to realize I don't like vertical grips. I think my attempt is reasonable. Thanks for all the replies so far, keep them coming!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:16:22 AM EDT
AAC foregrip. It has a screw-in insert to lock it. Costs $25. Well made polymer, lightweight, and easy to put on, take off. Ghost
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:18:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lockedon:
View Quote
[ROFL] Hey man, I don't want to spend close to $70 dollars on a Tango Down Grip, then modify it permanently to work on my A.R.M.S. S.I.R., only to realize I don't like vertical grips. I think my attempt is reasonable. Thanks for all the replies so far, keep them coming!
View Quote
I'm glad you took it the way I meant it. I appologize for forgetting to put a smiley in my original post [:D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:11:08 PM EDT
Check out the Cobray forward grip for the M11. Worked fine for me and it was pretty cheap.
View Quote
Where did you find the grip?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:16:34 PM EDT
obtain a broomstick and cut it to the length that u want the grip to be, then get a wide flat head wood screw and a couple washers, put the wood screw and 1 washer through the handguard and the other washer on the top of the broomstick handle. screw the handle onto the wood screw and you have a vertical foregrip for cheap. plus the wood will help conduct the heat away from your hand. hope this helps ya out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:26:00 PM EDT
Brownell's sells one that aligns with two holes in the handguard, then two screws go in from the heatshield side into the grip. If you plan to us a light, I would get "a grip" it may make it easier to use or like alot of people do-use the magwell, it works well. Alot of it depends on how you set up the weapon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:57:43 PM EDT
Try this [url]www.cdnninvestments.com/arsynvergrip.html[/url] $8.99, better order something else you want tho - they've got a flat shipping fee. Luck Alac
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:12:56 PM EDT
This one also came from CDN, but it a differnt forend grip than the one in the link above. This came with rail, for $25, seem to be well made, easy to put on and take off the rail, when not in use etc. [IMG]http://www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TGs-LBV-~-MBR-~-Etc/ForendgriponAR.jpg[/IMG] TG
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:55:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Langadune: Hey, check out www.johnmasen.com I just met this guy at a gunshow this weekend. He has a verticle grip with a short rail for $12.95 I believe he has the grip without the rail for around 6 bucks.
View Quote
Sweet thanks dude. I just ordered one of those $6 grips. Can't beat that price, shipping cost more than the grip itself! Thanks everyone!
Top Top