Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:30:57 PM EDT
I just got a new collapsible stock and I am wondering is it possible to remove the old stock wthout the "stock wrench" that Bushmaster sells? If so should anything be loosened or removed before doing so.  It appears to me just by looking at the way the stock/buffer is threaded into the reciever that if turned counter clockwise the stock should come off. I am just tickering with a new toy and am new to the AR setup any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
this doesnt really have anything to do w/ your thread but post here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=179697&page=2
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of stock are you replacing?  If you have a A2/A1 stock then you must remove the top screw on the butt of the stock and then the stock body will come off.  Be careful not to lose the spring for the takedown pin.  Then you can use a wrench to twist off the buffer tube (after you remove the buffer and spring).  You can not just twist off the stock, there is a detent in the lower receiver that will not allow you to do this.  If you are taking off a CAR type stock you really need the wrench for the CAR stocks to loosen the castle nut and to then repalce the castle nut.

Sarge
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of AR is it?...Do you plan to salvage the old stock hardware?..If not, there are a number of ways to remove it...as a "do-it yourself" project.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the assistance I've already changed them out w/ the info you all gave. It's an A2 that I just got a new stock for today, couldn't wait to take into the smith tommorrow. You know the new toy syndrome got the best of me. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top