Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:14:12 PM EDT
from the gunsmiths or anyone who knows more than myself,

what changes besides barrel length is neccessary to go from a rifle barrel to dissipator?

and if a gunsmith is required,
what cost am i looking at?
any recommended gunsmiths on this board?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 6:07:40 PM EDT by M4Madness]
The only difference between a rifle and a Dissipator is the barrel and gas tube. The Dissipator requires a carbine gas tube instead of a rifle one.

If you buy the right tools, you could swap barrels yourself in well under a half an hour. You'll need:

Action block
Armorer's wrench
1/16" punch
Torque wrench
Moly lube

If you'd rather send it off, I'd recommend ADCO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:11:39 PM EDT
You'll probably need some gas port work and the barrel will have to be cut, crowned, and rethreaded. Check out Kurt's Kustom Firearms in the Industry section.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:32:08 AM EDT
Not if he gets a dissy that has the carbine gas system. The cut-down 20" barrels are the ones that might need gas port work.

Top Top