Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:33:20 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster xm 15 e2 that I want to change to a preban carbine....something close to mil spec for an m4. Can I put a DPMS uppper on a Bushmaster lower and change the stock? Will all work ok?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.

That  should work just fine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
An additional welcome !

I second what Ridge stated, as long as you are using quality brand parts you should have no problems. As you begin down the AR sickness road you will learn that not all parts are created equal, the best piece of advice I can give you is just stick with quality parts!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you. Any words of advice?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. The other brand the store told me to use was Rock River Arms.  Between DPMS and RRA do you have any opinion?  I already own a 1990 Colt gov't model AR15. I bought the bushmaster before I found the Colt and really don't need two almost identical rifles. It is for this reason I decided to covert the Bushmaster to be as close to an M4 as possible.  What would you recommend?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well to make the BUshmaster as close to spec as possibel youd have to buy an LMY or COlt or anodised DPMS upper with M4 feed ramps.  Cut M4 feed ramps into the reciver extension of the Bushmaster (I hope its 1/7 twist like mine) then pull the FSB and have the thng parked then install an new F marked front sight base.  Then you need to use a VLTOR or Colt reciver extension... etc etc.  FOrget about as close to spec as possible and build what you like instead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I understand and have been told, Colt is not honoring the expiration of the 94' assault weapon ban.  Also, my Colt is a 1:7, but I'm leaving it stock. Can I order a DPMS upper in a 1:7 twist?  I will be putting an aimpoint red dot sight on it as well.    
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top