Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2006 3:08:12 AM EDT
I'd like to carry along a couple of spare parts in an organized fashion.  A complete bolt, spare firing pin, hammer/trigger/disconnector, trigger pin, firing pin, and a couple of springs.  What's the best way to do it?  I want something handy, compact, and waterproof.  edit to add, all carbines have collapsible stocks, so the A2 buttstock won't work

I'm not interested in replacing my A2 grips with MIAD grips, because I'm used to the A2 grip feel and use multiple rifles.  Too much $$ (though I admire the idea of having the spare bolt attached to the rifle).

My first thoughts are something like this

or this

with small ziplock bags to keep the parts oiled & separated.

Somebody here has figured out a better way, though.  What is it?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Though that was what the trap-door in the A2 stock was for......

Mike
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:18:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I should have specified--all the carbines have collapsible stocks.  Otherwise that would be a great solution  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
A "Carbine" can have any stock you prefer to mount on it.........

Mike
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a trapdoor pistol grip..it fits a spare bolt,set of bolt rings,disconector and spring,2 trigger/hammer pins,a firing pin and retaining pin,and a cut down to fit 5/32 pin punch for the FCG.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Often hunters and shooters will carry all the spare parts they need by bringing a spare rifle.  Easy to carry.  Comes with its own handle!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]

How about a CAA stock saddle for 20 bucks?

If you could have a VFG on your carbine a TangoDown VFG could carry the spare bolt and firing pin.

I have plenty of storage space in my carbine TD VFG, MIAD grip and Vltor Modstock.

ETA: Added ref. thread links and CAA website link.

CAA Stock Saddle thread link

Very Interesting Accessory for Standard Collapsible Stocks... thread link

CAA Command Arms Accessories website link
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Though that was what the trap-door in the A2 stock was for......

Mike

I thought so too, but both of them on my 2 rifles won't stay closed. I've had spare parts dump right on out several times. Both were ordered from Bushmaster by the way.

Right now I use a piece of bicycle tubing to hold it closed, and another for the tactical light switch on the grip...so far it's working better than relying on the door latch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top