Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 12:05:26 PM EDT
As you can all tell by my post count I am new to the world of the black rifle however am not new to the bug of accessorizing my guns (i.e. my 1911).  So now that I have my 16" rifle with flattop receiver and detachable carry handle I'm looking for optics...but here's the twist:  I would like a scope to mount to the top of the carry handle like the ones from Black Hawk Down.  I know, I know, "with the flattop you should be going for an EOTech or Aimpoint or *fill in the blank* but I just like the looks of the handle mounted scope.  Besides, this isn't necessarily a SHTF gun, nor a varminter, nor anything other than fun at the range gun.  Anyway, has anyone had any experience with this:

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=124102&sku=SCP%2D525&imgid=&mscssid=EFJ343NLLKUF9PMGPAX9T90VJR156UAC

To be honest, I'm looking for a relatively cheap scope and this looks like just the ticket.  I have always been pleased with cheaper than dirt before but am looking to all the guru's out there for help.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
For $60 it's probably worth your risk considering your intended use for it. If it turns out to be a worthless piece of crap, send it back.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top