Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 8:04:04 AM EDT
I was looking through some NFA web pages, sighing at all the cool gun's ill never be able to afford, when I come across A the AC-556K, a bad ass little machine gun for only $4000! then next to it, the AC-556 for only $2000! Can some one tell me more about this rifle? do the make accessories for it? does it have special features? can it use M16 mags?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
This is an AR15/M16 related topics area.  Mini 14's are realy not of any interest, compaired to enthusiasts of real militaty type weapons, like me.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I guy I work with has an AC-556. We were at the range with it a couple of weeks ago. Its a nice rifle but I dont think it is as accurate as an AR. It was select fire, semi-auto, 3 shot burst, and full auto. I did not get to fire full auto but the burst was fun and very quik. The AR mags are a little diffrent I dont think they interchange.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
My C3 buddy as an AC556k, it is a fun little gun to shoot, the recoil is actually pretty light and you can do a mag dump with little effort.  The fun factor on the Ruger is definitely high especially for the short barrel version. for serious military gun, I don't think the Ruger is ever adapted by any military units but I bet somebody somewhere has a few of them in their armory.  I know one of our local Sheriff agency issue the semi Mini 14 for patrol.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the 13" folders. I bet the rifle you saw for $2000 was a mistate they start about 3200 with the folders being around 3500
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/NFA/Items/SturmRugerAC556.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I know the A team seemed to really like them....LOL..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]

napalm113, that seems like a hell of a good price for one.
I searched the Scottsdale site and can not find it.

The mags are not AR mags, Mini's use their own Ruger mags, though they look similar.

I've read over at Tom Bowers' site, www.subguns.com, that the down fall of the full auto Rugers are that there aren't any available parts for them, if it breaks, it must be sent back to Ruger to be fixed, that requires an A.T.F. Form 5.

Anyone else ever hear of that?
Let me know how your deal turns out, if you are not interested in it, I would be.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've read over at Tom Bowers' site, www.subguns.com, that the down fall of the full auto Rugers are that there aren't any available parts for them, if it breaks, it must be sent back to Ruger to be fixed, that requires an A.T.F. Form 5.
View Quote

Downfall, my ass! Having the factory rebuild your gun for $241 is an unheard of benefit!  Where else can you get factory service like that on a Class 3 gun?  And you are not required to file a Form 5 for returning a  Class 3 item for service, although ATF recommends it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes ruger won't sell you parts for your AC556 , sure they will fix it for free, or little fee, but, if Ruger in thier opinion says your firearm is unservicable then they keep it, will not return it to you, and do not compensate you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
would a MUZZELITE bullpup stock work on one?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes ruger won't sell you parts for your AC556 , sure they will fix it for free, or little fee, but, if Ruger in thier opinion says your firearm is unservicable then they keep it, will not return it to you, and do not compensate you.
View Quote

Is that true?  I can't believe it.  I would definitely take legal action against Ruger if they did that to me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you asked the guys on the Ruger Forum about it?  (www.rugerforum.com)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]
AC-556 is just a Mini-14 with a full-auto trigger group.  It'll have all the same faults as the Mini.  

My hometown Sheriff's Office has some (or did 5 years ago) but I don't think they've ever been used on duty.  One of the deputys was in the local gun club and brought one out for us to play with one night.  We each got to dump a half a mag or so.  By the time I got to it the barrel was so hot it was hard to get a grip on it to fight the muzzle climb.  We had a target on the ground at 25yds and the bursts hit at 25y, 50y, 100y, top of berm.  It was fun, but I'd much rather have an AR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top