Posted: 10/7/2005 4:20:51 PM EDT
and if it's fairly cheap, that helps

looking to do a socom black color
any pics of your item refinished is surely appreciated

thank you
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Norrells AR15 Refinishing Thread

If you are interested in saving money, and have even a little bit of skill, its pretty easy to do it yourself with Norrells.  Take a look at the link and let me know if I can answer any questions.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you wanting anodizing, or a custom finish?

I can recommend Walter Birdsong for his Black-T finish. I had him refinish my M16, and I'm very pleased with the results.

WE Birdsong & Associates
1435 Monterey Road
Florence, MS 39073
(601)-939-7448
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
When you say SOCOM as a finish, I'm guessing you mean Norrells as its the only SOCOM/ Matte Black that I'm aware of which uses that name.  

Here is a picture of a weapon I rebuilt and refinished.  The carry handle is not coated with Norrells, but the receivers and barrel are.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
do you have any pics you can post of this Black-T finish and what's the cost?

does it have any special resistances toward wear and tear?

good job stickman
got any spare time to refinish my AR?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I only do LEO/Mil in my area, and I stay busier than I want doing that.  Norrells is quite simple, and its worth taking a look at doing yourself.  Figure you would probably pay roughly $60 for everything needed to do it yourself, and you would be able to do another weapon with whats left over.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]
i have used mac'sshootinirons.com in the past on my makarov&ar15,also my 1911-he does
great work!
drice
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never heard a bad word mentioned against Mac, his work seems to be top notch.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I also have used Mac and he does the best job I have ever seen.  If you use Mac, you will NOT be dissappointed and he has a quick turnaround time.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i have used mac'sshootinirons.com in the past on my makarov&ar15,also my 1911-he does
great work!
drice

do you have a link?
i couldn't find it on google
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]

do you have any pics you can post of this Black-T finish and what's the cost?

does it have any special resistances toward wear and tear?

If ya want a pic of the Black-T just look at a US Nuke Sub. I believe that is the finish they use on them (should answer your question about resistance!).

As far as price goes I don't have the slightest clue. I was gonna have my XD coated with Black-T but I heard the turnaround time with Walter is horrendous (nothing against Walter but I hear that the contracts he has to fill can be a bear).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top