Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 5:18:36 AM EDT
bought the bushy last week....what a gun. i have already started to add some stuff to it(its addicting you know). its not a "black beauty" like most of you have, but i think it will have its own look when completed. i would post a pic however i simply dont know how on this dell unit. i would like a decent scope however im not ready to invest in the acog types and i dont want the simmons on my carry handle(too long). any suggestions?
btw: i already have as much invested in the bushy than i do in my 6mm bechrest!!(almost).
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board (and the addiction)!  I love the camo furniture.  

What is the intended use of this rifle?  Is it an A2 or a flattop?  Let me know and I'll make some recommendations on glass.

Also, if you need help posting a pic let me know.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
bookhound: mine has the carry handle. its an xm15a2/camo/20 incher post ban model. my primary use will be general plinking at 50-100 yards. what is the effective range of this weapon? this is my first ar. i benchrest shoot a 6mm rem and am not too familiar with the capabilities of the ar. the scope i have now is a cheapie (ncstar), it came with the gun and i am not impressed. the crosshairs cover the target at 100 yards. i'll get back to u re: the picture posting help(unless u can post me some directions).
thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
First off, congrats on the new gun! and welcome to the site! [beer]

Secondly, if you're going to be shooting 50-100 yards then I would probably stick to the iron sights. It's a lot easier to 'pick up' a target with the irons then it is to line it up with a scope and make sure you have proper eye relief. Plus you're not looking through a tube and can see whats going on around you(better field of vision). Mounting a scope on a carry handle is fine for shooting certain distances but if you are going to use a scope for main usage you would want a flattop upper. This being because the sight line is so high above the bullet path. That being said you should do fine with a scope on a carry handle.

A scope that would probably do you good is the "colt 4x, scout...?????" scope. Anyone know what I'm talking about??? If so clearify this for me. But I've seen these scopes mounted on carry handles many of times.

This one...
[img]http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~jhipwell/images/coltm15a2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Picture Posting...we really need a section of the board dedicated to clearifying this.

(I've got instructions saved from past explanations[;)])

Here ya go:

If the picture is already on a website then you simply right click on it and then select "Properties". In the window that pops up you will need to copy the "Address(URL)". To post that pic on AR15.COM you would put the following... [ i m g ]address[ / i m g ] with NO spaces and the picture will be there.

If the picture is something that you have saved to your computer then you will need to post it somewhere on the internet to get the pictures "address(URL)" and to do that you would sign up at a picture hosting website. I strongly suggest www.hunt101.com (It's free baby!) So once your signed up with them(takes like 2 seconds) you just log-in with your Username and Password. To bring up one of your pics from your computer you click on "Upload"(It'll be at the top of the screen once you sign in). Once you upload your picture you can view it and it will look like this... http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=51243&sort=7&thecat=500&password=  The "address(URL)" is listed under "Image Link". So you would just copy that and do the [ i m g ]address[ / i m g ] thing(with NO spaces).
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
tivoli410 gave good advice on botht the scope and posting pics.  If you have a pic you want posted, but it isn't hosted anywhere, send it to me and I'll add it to a gallery on this board.  Then you can post it anywhere.

Regarding the scope.  I have a knock-off of the Colt scope tivoli410 mentions mounted on my A2's carry handle.  The scope it surprising pretty good for ann inexpensive scope.  It holds the zero well and is fairly clear.

Here is a link to the scope:

[url]http://www.sksman.com/access/scopes1.html[/url]

It's the one third from the bottom called the Ultralux 4X20 AR15 Riflescope.  You should be able to find one at a local dealer or gun show for less than $50.

If this doesn't appeal to you, stick with the irons.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top