Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/23/2002 5:45:31 PM EDT
Hi, all new to this board, i live in comi kalifornia, and wanted to know if anyone in cali has built a 80% lower , and if this is legal in Scarfsville california. thank you
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:38:02 PM EDT
I'm not an ATF agent - and they'd be the only ones who might give you an answer that might hold up in court.

You can not build a rifle that it would be illegal for you to own if you bought it from an FFL. The "AR Series" of rifles have been ban for a couple years now. Last year a challenge was made to the un-constitutionally vauge "series" with the courts demanding a clarification ... and we're still waiting.

It is my opinion that you would be able to manufacure a lower without a magazine well - a single shot rifle - which wouldn't be a semi-automatic. A nice lower for a .50 BMG upper that you can still buy for the time being.

DMPS and GoGoGadgets make a pump rifle, and a fixed 10 round magazine rifle that are offered for sale in California. Make a rifle along those lines might be legal too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 11:39:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:

It is my opinion that you would be able to manufacure a lower without a magazine well - a single shot rifle - which wouldn't be a semi-automatic. A nice lower for a .50 BMG upper that you can still buy for the time being.

PRK Evil Assault Weapons are semi-automatic and have a removeable magazine. Making a non-semi or a rifle that lacks a removeable mag is OK as you've made a non-Evil Assault Weapon. Internal mag capacity has to be 10 rounds or less.

-hanko

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 2:31:11 PM EDT
There are a few people who duplicated the FAB-10 from a 0% forging. Myself included. If you can weld aluminum, then using an 80% lower should give you a head start. With the 80% lower, you probably will need to weld a plate to restrict the mag from coming out the bottom.
Top Top