Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:12:41 AM EDT
i have a Noveske stainless Recon upper on the way. I'll be shooting 0-200 yds. My other ar15 has an aimpoint t-1. I want some magnification this time and this upper is obviously worthy (not sure if I am). I can get a Trijicon TR24G with Larue mount now or save up in the Spring for something like  a Nightforce 2.5-10, IOR or Swarovski 1-6. I'm not sure whether I want to set this rifle up as a versatile recce type or put more magnification on it and shoot for groups.
Also, if I go 1-4ish and buy now, the Meopta and Leupold mk4 1.5-5 are considerations. 1-4 after saving-NF 1-4 or Elcan 1/4 DR
What should I do?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have to wait to buy an optic is that gorgeous upper going to be sitting around unused?  Fuck that!

Get the TR24 w/ a LaRue mount now.  If you aren't happy with it down the road, save your pennies and replace with with a NF or a Swaro.  You'll be able to sell the TR24 on the EE and get a good chunk of your money back, and of course you'll already have a top notch mount for whatever scope you go with later.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#2]
There'll be a set of troys on it already so I can still shoot it. I do hate to wait fo wait for an optic but didn't want to rush into something. The tr24 does look pretty sweet though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i just bought the combo!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top