Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2005 4:45:29 PM EDT
i see bushnell has a holo sight on the market now,  looks like an eotech.  just wondering if anyone has tried it out, and what their opinion is.  

(edit cause i can't spell.)
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a holosight that is just over a year old and just mounted it on my AR tonight, now that I have my AR and my YHM handguards together again.  I will let you know how it works out after my next range trip.  But it looks pretty good and it allows for good co-witness ability.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bushnell holosight has been on the market for some time now. Ive had one for at least 3 or 4 years. From what im told, the differences between the eotech and the bushnell are: The Eotech has better/upgraded electronics and the protective hood. other than that they are the same.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
The big difference is the protective hood...the Holosight isn't gonna be able to withstand the same kind of abuse the EoTech can.  

That's fine...I've got one on my M4gery...it's a light duty gun, I'm not gonna have to pound nails with it.  

I'm gonna buy another one in a month or so for the lightweight build I'm just finishing up.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got mine on my new flat top upper... had it out to the range on Saturday (only 50 yards though ) and it was just too much fun!  Actually I got bored after a short while cause it was just too easy.

However, as far as co-witnessing I can just barely see the very tip of the front sight in the holo sight.  This is one of the slightly older ones (maybe 2 years).  I understand the latest and greatest is actually shorter so it should co-witness better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I have very bad experiences with the Bushnell holosight and have to sell it.
It works pretty well if you don't shoot too much and allow the barrel to cool off but it will fail to operate due to heat during sustained fire.
I have conducted CMAG dumps and found that the reticle just disappears after 150 rounds were fired.
One time there was fog on the top portion of the screen and no reticle illumination at all.
Thought it was a battery problem but it wasn't.
The reticle reappears and the fog disappears like miracle after the temperature drops.
Now I have an AIMPOINT M2 and I'm very happy with it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have very bad experiences with the Bushnell holosight and have to sell it.
It works pretty well if you don't shoot too much and allow the barrel to cool off but it will fail to operate due to heat during sustained fire.
I have conducted CMAG dumps and found that the reticle just disappears after 150 rounds were fired.
One time there was fog on the top portion of the screen and no reticle illumination at all.
Thought it was a battery problem but it wasn't.
The reticle reappears and the fog disappears like miracle after the temperature drops.
Now I have an AIMPOINT M2 and I'm very happy with it.

anyone else have this kind of problem?  or could LRRPS just have a defective one? this would be a big drawback for me.  (i like to make guns HOT!)

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top