Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2013 1:57:48 PM EDT
looking at picking up a bushmaster 308 orc as a deer rifle/general purpose gun. I plan to free float it and a few other small changes. Those that own one, what kind of accuracy are you getting with what loads? Any problems you have had? How many rounds have been fired. I know its not a Larue or knights gun, but my paycheck is not on par with those either.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine came with a DPMS 2 Stage trigger. I get 1.5-2 inch groups with FGGM, Barnes Vor-tx, and CMP match ammo. Federals Sierra Gameking loads are right at 2 inches at 100 Yards. It is stock. I intend to free float it if I can ever find a good deal on a tube or rail.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Any others?
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Bushmaster MOE 308 mid-length with 16" barrel and modified it as follows:

Removed A2 front sight and rear MBUIS sight
Installed Sryac adj low profile gas block
Installed V-tac 12" free float hand guard
Installed drop-in Timney trigger
Installed Tubb precision flat-wire AR 10 buffer spring
Installed Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10 scope

My best 5-shot group @100yds was 5 holes touching each other.   This was with Remington 168gr Matchking BTHP on a perfectly still day.

Results not as consistent with various commercial hunting cartriges of different weights. I would say groups are usually in the .5-2" range.

The rifle can shoot better than my capabilities.

EDIT: Here is a link to some pics: here

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My Bushmaster .308 ORC with Zeiss 3 X 9 Conquest scope and Hornady 155gr .308 TAP ammo off the bench will print three shot groups in the .688 of a inch range at 100 yards and slightly over a inch at 200 yards. Only mods I've done were the scope & Rock River one piece mount, MagPul furniture, a little trigger work on the stock trigger, and a Heavy CAR10 buffer and spring. This is a devastating Michigan Whitetail setup....
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Bushy .308 ORC.  Added Magpul mid-length handguard, Slash Heavy Buffer, SSA-E trigger and SWFA 1-6x24 scope.  I am very pleased with the accuracy.  Took a buck (DRT) this year with it.  I did switch to the chrome bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is really accurate too.  Less than an inch at 100 yards.  One nice feature of them is the 1-10" 4150 CMV barrel with chrome lined chamber and bore.  It has a 16" heavy barrel which may contribute to the excellent accuracy.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top