Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 2:44:04 PM EDT
ok so I drank the koolaid and jumped on the burris band wagon . I saw cabelas had them and was offering a 5.00 shipping deal so combined with some cabela bucks I had I got the scope for 250.00 including tax and shipping..
as luck would have it I got sick  then the monsoon season set in so I couldnt get out and shoot till today . I used a bushmaster match v with a 20 inch barrel , free floating tube , harris bi-pod  and a two stage match trigger. here is the rifle below

sighting in wasnt to bad I was on target in 5 shots. the first thing I noticed was the sight is not as bright as I would of liked and I attribute that to it being a prism sight . next the reticule is small but I suppose it has to be since it is only a three power .
the reticule can get lost on a black object but when used with the red or green illumination picks up the target pretty fast. one thing I would like to say is even if the glass isnt the brightest I ever used it is crisp and the scope focused well .
I also liked the eye relief I think it is around 3 inches. at 25 and 50 yds shooting with both eyes open I found the sight to be quick on target and easy to make center of mass hits. here is a 50 yd 10 shot group fired off hand

I moved on to the 100 yd line and found the scope great for fast shots at a standard b-27 target  the stadia lines on the sides of the 100 yd reticule bracket a silhouette at 100 yds so it was easy to put rounds in the center of the target I shot some 2-3 inch 5 shot groups at this range  , shooting as fast as I could get back on target.  so I moved on to the 200 yd line pictured below. see the little guy way down range

here is where it gets tricky I fired three groups of 5 using the 200 yd dot . the dot completely covers a 3 inch orange dot I placed on the target and it is necessary to use the illuminated reticule to see the 200 yd aiming point the results were centered groups in the 4-5 inch range with one 5 shot group all placed in the head not to shabby for a fat old guy with 50 yr old eyes.
sorry I have no pictures as my camera went belly up next time out I will make sure I take spare batteries     which leads to the next question just how long will the batteries last? on the scope? time will tell.
so my final conclusion is this is a nice option to a red dot sight for ranges out to 200 and maybe 300 yds. It most certainly is not in the same class as an acog and  I certainly didnt expect acog quality for the price ,  would I recomend it ?  yes but I would suggest you look through one first and see if the reticule is right for you.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice review.

do you have the optional sunshade attached in your picture?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
yep I failed to mention the sun was right over head and very bright I didnt notice any flaring and the illumination didnt wash out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
JWB47:

looks like your results are similiar to mine:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=425799&page=18

what ammo were you shooting?  If zero'd at 100 yrd, was your 200 yrd groups high or low or center when using the 200 yrd dot?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top