Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:19:01 PM EDT
Well it is final, Wisconsin failed to pass the conceal carry bill today. So, I am going to build an ar-15 the money that I was supposed to spend on a HK P2000 SK V3.
I plan on getting a RRA striped lower from https://ssl.perfora.net/www.nwtactical.net/sess/utn;jsessionid=1543dfe903d1289/shopdata/index.shopscript
They have lowers for 105$ shipped. Which is the best price I have found thus far.
I am wondering if I will get a better overall rifle if I purchase each component separately and piece it together my self. I am assuming I will need a gunsmith to work on it if I go this route when I get to the upper assembly? Will it be worth the extra money assembling it my self with accuracy gains and trigger quality? I would like to keep it around $1,000.00 total cost, so that might rule out building a custom AR, I am currently pricing it out, but I am just beginning research tonight as I was really hoping to be purchasing my P2000 SK when the CCW passed here, but I guess that is not going to happen this year.
Any tips or links to quality parts is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:23:10 PM EDT
Why not give Teknic an email or call, and ask him what he can do for you in that price range? He is a great guy with great prices, and he goes out of his way to take care of his customers.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:29:25 PM EDT
who is teknic?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:32:27 PM EDT
The owner of the website you posted....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:41:35 PM EDT
thanks for the refferal, i will give him an email and see what he can do.
am I better off spending a little extra money on a custom built AR-15?
I would not mind spending a bit over my 1K$ budget if it will be worth it, basically I am just trying to feel out which route would be best for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:46:34 PM EDT
I hate to hear about your state's woes.

Total BS!

CCW holders are some of the more responsible gun owners anywhere. But that will now have to wait.

As for the AR15, I'd say go factory with either RRA or Bushmaster and then tweak it to your liking afterward

You may be surprised at the quality of a RRA trigger...........and they make beautiful guns overall.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:54:36 PM EDT
par0thead151,

Sometimes for just a little more, you can get a lot more. It all depends on what you are looking for in your build.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:58:15 PM EDT
Just get the stripped lower and the RRA complete rifle kit. All you need to add is your optics. You can get the kit for under $600 from several of the suppliers on the Industry board. I'm going to order from RB Precision as they have been the best price i've found.
Top Top