Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/3/2008 9:00:14 AM EST
I've got a virgin stripped lower receiver and am planning on building it into a pistol for now and possibly a SBR in the future.

I'm looking closely at the dedicated Hahn Precision mag blocks. For mags should I be using C-Products or will modified Uzi mags work just as well?

I know I need to use a 9mm hammer for the build and also need a heavier buffer for 9mm vs 223.

My main question at this time is this; is there a pistol buffer tube/spring/buffer for 9mm out there that I should be looking at using?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:31:55 AM EST
Most 9mm builds use standard buffer tubes and parts.

As for the trigger, some people swear that you need a 9mm dedicated hammer, and others say you don't. I have personally fired a 9mm pistol build that had a Rock River Arms two-stage trigger installed instead of a 9mm dedicated. It functioned fine, and without issue. So it would seem that the 9mm dedicated hammer is not required for a 9mm upper.

Most magazine adapters use modified UZI mags, but check Brownell's catalog, as I seem to remember that they had a adapter to use unmodified UZI mags.

I have not built my pistol completely yet, so don't take my word as gospel, this is just some info I picked up researching on my own.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:56:07 AM EST
The VM-Hytech block uses UNMODIFIED UZI mags and works flawlessly. You can pick up UZI mags from CDNN for around $16 each. I went that route with my 9mm build and couldn't be happier. The only downside is no hold-open on the bolt after the last round.

Top Top