Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 4:19:48 PM EDT
I was wanting to build a lower and pick up an upper. I'm not sure it would save me money. I was at my local gun store and t6hey had a traded RRA flat top, adjustable stock gun for $850. Not so sure about building now. What should you look for in a used AR?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
complete stag lower with 6 pos stock -$230+10$ for shipping + 30 for ffl (from lonestar)=$270

Complete model 2h pre ban upper with BUIS from ar15 sales =$490 shipped

total=$760...Brand new.

=alot of cash left over for accessories.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wanting to build a lower and pick up an upper. I'm not sure it would save me money. I was at my local gun store and t6hey had a traded RRA flat top, adjustable stock gun for $850. Not so sure about building now. What should you look for in a used AR?

I think it's worth building it just so you understand better how everything works. Also I would prefer to have a brand new AR that I built over a used one any day. With the used one you have no idea why it was traded-in in the first place. You may have to put money into just to get it operating properly! Just my opinion though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top