Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2004 7:55:37 AM EST
Two days at the range with a friend's new Bushmaster and I'm hooked. Any suggestions for building a left handed .308. What's it going to cost for quality parts, good trigger, and barrel?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:58:03 AM EST
308 AR's are not my thing, just wanted to say welcome aboard
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:07:55 AM EST
thanks - great site
Don't particularly like the 308 either but would like to hunt Fla whitetail with an AR I built.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:59:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2004 9:00:28 AM EST by acman145acp]
Cum on how can you not like the 308???? You said your were hooked must have been a reason why. The 308 is an outstanding hunting cartridge/anything else other than Bench rest competition and is inherintly acurate sub moa groups out of all 3 of my bolt guns.
Back to building one I too am extremely interested from the reports I have been hearing the Bushy sounds like a cut above the others on the market but I havent seen a parts kit from anyone yet does anyone have a link to this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:10:31 AM EST
you probably will not find a parts kit for one, i think model 1 sales may sell ar10 uppers made by armalite
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:37:05 AM EST
The only advantage to building an AR10 (or varient) over buying one is that you can spread out the cost and that you can get a custom rifle that isnt available or is better than what you'd get from the factory. If you want to build a standard AR10 that you can get from the factory, your price savings are almost nil. I'm not a huge fan of the Bushy for the amount of money they want though I am still kinda curious about how accurate it is.
I built my AR10 because I wanted a custom rifle. I had George gardner with GA PRecision build me an AR10 complete upper with a 22" Mike Rock 5R Barrel that I put on an Eagle Arms lower and it cost me only slightly more than a complete Armalite AR10T. With this rifle I have been able to easily shoot 1/2" MOA out to 700yds and occasionally better if I do my part.
Top Top