Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:17:32 AM EST
Ok, so decide that I want to put a side sling attachment on my pistol, I find the part I want, then put it on..

things are fine...

when I take apart my pistols buffer tube for cleaning and problem solving... I notice that the sling attachment has "jumped" the threads and is now eating into them...

I compared it to my previous coverplate and the little spike is not as big as it should be...

what should I do?

-Jason
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:44:19 AM EST
I'd imagine you could try to return it to get a better one. That plate should also have a dimple which fits into the dimple on your lower. See the plates YHM sells - they have the tab and the dimple.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:22:42 PM EST
what kind of pistola do you have, tell me about it, how does she run?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:52:13 PM EST
I had the same problem with my slingplate on my rifle. Here's what I do to simplify things: Start without installing the spring for the pivot pin retention. Next, when you attatch the bufferTube to your lower, line the slingPlate up with the slot on your buffer tube first. Holding the whole assembly in a muzzle down fashion, spin the whole lower onto the buffer while holding the plate and buffer in alignment to one another. (sitting still in your hands, while lower spins) If there are enough threads to allow clearence to still get the spring in under the plate and castlenut, then thread the lower onto the tube till you get the buffer plunger retaining thingy lined out, THEN fit in the spring and lock down the plate with the nut. Thats what I had to do with mine.

While its annoying it shouldnt presnt too much of a problem once locked down with the castle nut.

Tex78

ciant spell, dunt care eiether.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:36:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By avengeusa:
what kind of pistola do you have, tell me about it, how does she run?

Take a look at this thread..

-Jason
Top Top