Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:31:40 PM EDT
I have one of the sightmark tacopoints, and its held up perfectly to everything ive thrown at it. its taken spills with my AR, and has handled 2k rounds with no issues.

has anyone who has used one of these also used a vortex strikefire? does anyone have some feedback on the strikefire? is it decent? I want something that will let me use a red dot, magnifier, and a BUIS. its a bit cramped using my sightmark. I figure maybe the screw in 2x magnifier for the vortex will be easier?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The Vortex Strikefire is a decent quality red dot (NTOA approved) and has a lifetime warranty. The screw-in magnifier is kind of a pain, but somewhat useful (its only 2x). I'd go with the Vortex Strikefire/Sparc or a Primary Arms red dot over a Sightmark every day of the week.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
have you owned / used the sightmark? the one I've owned has been flawless and ive used it on my .223 and my .308.  holds a great zero and the dot is bright / crisp. part of the reason i'd want to move to the vortex is because of the 2x magnifier. i already own vortex scopes and like them, but i am not moving over due to any problems with the sightmark.

how does the strikefire compare to the sparc? I'd like to go with a 4x optic at some point - do either offer screw on adapters for 4x? also, how is the eye relief on the magnifier? I am ok with a narrow FOV so long as I can see my target.

my setup currently is co-witnessed, and I'd like whatever I replace it with to co-witness as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I own several Vortexs' and I would go with a Strike Fire. For the money and warranty it is good to go and built pretty tough 30mm tube.

I do not have a Sight Mark, I know they are cheapies, but if you want to go that route look at Primary Arms good stuff for the price and CS.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
i wouldn't be going with a primary arms. I already own the sight mark - it functions very well, and its taken lots of rounds and numerous spills.

im just debating on moving from this to the vortex. I'm actually grabbing a vortex for $100 this week, so im going to test it out. I already own 2 crossfires, and am pleased with them, so i'll try the strikefire next. I will also say - the vortex warranty is amazing, and the customer service is excellent. I've worked with them 1 other time to replace a scope that was damaged in shipment from the retailer and Vortex sent me a new scope no questions asked. Excellent in my book.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top