Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 2:21:33 PM EDT
I noticed after my first time shooting that there is now what appears to be brass markings all over the deflector or its all scratched up. Clp isnt taking it off. Is this normal, i never notcied it on anyones pics here before.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly normal, shoot the thing and don't worry about it. Don't clean the brass off leave it, I personally like the look [:)]

Gives the rifle character!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you really don't want it marked, place small
piece black tape on it before shooting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
if you really want to  get it off, just put some copper solvent on it, i use birchwood casey 2in1 bore cleaner. let it soak for five minutes and use a patch soaked with solvent and rub it off, don't scrub with a bronze brush, if you want to scrub use a tooth brush. repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, i feel better about it now that its normal. I just never saw it on anyone elses pics but if it comes off im not worried about it then. thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally like the look.  Besides, isn't that what the "Brass Deflector" is for?

If you don't like the look, place a piece of electrical tape on it when shooting.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top