Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 4:42:16 PM EDT
I just got my comp M4s from manventureoutpost.com and it looks legit, ie, objective lens changes colors as you tilt the M4s red to orange to green.  the windage/elevation knobs look quality and not like my cheap bushnell knobs.  the aimpoint logo and such all look legit, but my red dot (2 moa) is quite blurry.  it is nowhere near as crisp as i think it should be.  could it be something with my eyes?  Supposedly the DMV said i have 20/20 but could astigmatism cause this?  Any ideas guys? we all know how much i just shelled out for this and i think it should be the roundest crispest most perfect red dot ive ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a t-1 and its sometimes blurry i think its the just the way your eyes seem it sometimes
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have much experience with holographic or red-dot sights, so take this for what little it may be worth:

I have noticed, on my Bushnell holosight, that when I focus on the target, the reticle is sharp and in focus. When I focus on the reticle, it becomes blurry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
turn down the brightness, that helps with mine
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, so when i look through the scope, with either eye, the reticle looks like its got one of these ( * ) (an asterisk) going through it,  i can almost see where the dot should be clear and crisp but then its got a few jagged edges and lines coming out, and it almost looks like a triangle.  god damn im frustrated.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
focus on the target not the dot, it will clear right up
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
im trying to bring the gun up and focus on a target but the dot still comes across quite jagged and far from a circle.  Doesn anyone else have a seemingly perfect round circle in their aimpoint?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a issue M4 and a purchased M4s, neither of which is a perfect round circle.  Do not expect it to be as such.
Turn the brightness down some and it will still be fuzzy but more of a dot, not a circle.  It sounds like your sight works as designed.

Look at your target and forget about the dot so long as the dot is over the target and keep both eyes open and use it outdoors rather than stare at it in the bedroom.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
focus on the target not the dot, it will clear right up

This. Don't worry about the shape of the dot. As long as you can see it on your target then you are g2g. There will be more bloom to it the higher the brightness setting is.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an Astigmatism and it looks slightly asterisk-like when I am not wearing glasses.

With an EOtech, the reticle looks extremely fuzzy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]
All Aimpoints are that way even their older models, I have my first Aimpoint 2000 back in 1989 they are that way back then and even my newer model now.

+1 Just look at your target both eyes open and make sure your brightness setting is not too high.

For some reason when I use a magnifier on mine the bloom of my Aimpoint seems a little less than without a magnifier, YMMV.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#11]
ok, i tried co-witnessing it with my iron sights and when i look through the lower 1/3 to see the irons, I see a crisp clear dot, even when i focus on it. however this only happens with the small peep sight and with the 0-2 sight it asterisks out again.  any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Nate, every poster here has assured you this is normal.  Relax and use your sight.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
it's your eyesight  i have the same issue with my right eye......

eta i'm not sure how it works but the small peep turning it into a crisp dot is a sure sign it's your eyes

Quoted:

ok, i tried co-witnessing it with my iron sights and when i look through the lower 1/3 to see the irons, I see a crisp clear dot, even when i focus on it. however this only happens with the small peep sight and with the 0-2 sight it asterisks out again.  any ideas?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Exactly how blurry is it? An Aimpoint is not a precision optic, it's meant for quick target aquisition. A super-duper crisp dot isn't needed for its intended use. Turn down the brightness some and don't focus on the dot.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep it should be a real crisp dot when using the small peep. It is normal. It is the way your eye "sees" the dot.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#16]
This is likely an artifact of astigmatism.  I have astigmatism and all my red dots look like *'s.  People with really bad astigmatism may report that the dot in a red dot looks like a small cluster of grapes.  if you want to be really sure, i would recommend taking a picture through the scope with a digital camera.  Hopefully, the camera won't have optical problems!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't have much experience with holographic or red-dot sights, so take this for what little it may be worth:

I have noticed, on my Bushnell holosight, that when I focus on the target, the reticle is sharp and in focus. When I focus on the reticle, it becomes blurry.

This +1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top