Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 5:01:42 PM EDT
at a hundred yards cant get a tight group with the black hills blue box 75gr match hp. i use a blue box of 69gr matchking hp and im getting really tight groups. what due you guys think is up. im shooting an spr clone with an 18in krieger barrel 1x7.7.what is another option for black hills ammo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
BH's 77gr Mk262 clone from GP...

Tried RedBox?

How many rounds did you try and have you tried it using any other platforms?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That is kinda weird. This would sound like a rather common report if you were using a 1/9 twist, but I have never heard any complaints from 1/7 twist users. As a first step, give your barrel a really good cleaning and try it again. If that fails, try some red box instead and see if that helps. If that still fails try to find the Hornady version of the load. And if that doesn't work either, I would just say that your rifle doesn't like the 75 gr Hornady bullet and switch to the Black Hills Mk262 loading Kevin mentioned, the SMK 77 gr OTM or stick with what you have already. The Black Hills 68 gr OTM is also usually a good load. It's weird how this stuff happens, but sometimes certain guns just don't shoot well with certain loads. Black Hills loads some good ammo, but not all rifles like it. BTW, what kinda groups have you been getting with the 69 vs 75 gr?

-Charging Handle
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top