Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 4:07:14 PM EDT
i'm not sure if this is the proper forum to present this questions but here goes.  i am going to mount a bipod on my ar.  i have a free floating handguard on it and i will be drilling and taping the hole to accept a stud.  does anyone know the thread on a stud ?  i don't know if there are several threads used but i am guessing it would be standardized.  i believe it is a harris stud but i'm not positive.   thanks in advance for any help....

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
[size=5] Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.... bipod STUD....[size=5]
Hee,hee,hee... geeze. ahem. Taping a hole? to accept a Stud???? ha,ha,ha,ha,ha... Oh my gosh.

sorry. don't know what happened there...

[:d]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
did i miss something in my post ?  what's up with the flame ?  i came here looking for some advice.  if i am going about this project in the wrong way i would appreciate somebody letting me know but not in the way you did.  very much unappreciated.  if you have nothing to offer i would appreciate you keeping your mouth shut...
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Relax, Its not a flame. Just sounded funny. Get a thread guage and measure your stud's threads, then match with the indicated tap. Harris makes adapters for standard handguards that includes the nut plate, but if you are tapping your free float tube you're on your own.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
There was the same question asked yesterday. DPMS has a threaded stud that you can install to your tube, then the Harris Bipod attaches to it the same as most rifle stocks.
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=145019[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top