Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:26:38 PM EDT
I'm sitting here on my second outing with my first AR build.

When I pull the trigger, the gun fires. When I release the trigger to reset, it fires again!!!

It seems to only happen when I release the trigger slowly. If I'm shooting quickly it doesn't seem to happen. But when I'm attempting to take precision shots, its "pull...BANG...release...BANG."

This is freaking me out. I did not notice it on my first outing. Defect in equipment, or did I fudge the build?

Parts:

BCM Mid length upper
Spikes lower
Standard Stag LPK

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 12:29:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/9/2011 12:46:26 PM EDT by akethan]
Check your disconector spring, make sure it is installed properly.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 12:33:36 PM EDT
Swapping the disconnector spring with the bolt catch spring can do this.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 2:46:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 2:45:52 AM EDT
multiple things can cause this,

wear on the dis-connector itself, wear on the hammer hook, wear on the trigger nose, or elongated hammer or trigger pin holes or like already mentioned putting the wrong spring in the disconnector when you built it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 5:43:18 PM EDT
Took it to a local gunsmith this morning.

The spring in the disconnector was installed incorrectly. However, in my Stag Arms LPK, the Disconnector spring, trigger spring, and hammer spring, were all installed on the respective parts. There were a couple bent coils at the bottom.

So he swapped it out with a spare one that he had, and that solved HALF the problem. The problem still existed, but was a little better. I think he said the part of the hammer than engages the disconnector was grinded down at the factory a tad too much? Or maybe it was the disconnector? I don't know, I'm tired and also a noob.

Anyway, he replaced the disconnector and trigger and after that could not replicate the problem.

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 5:48:50 PM EDT
Cal stag and tell them. They will at least replace the bad parts so you have spares.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 6:34:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AliasNeo07:
Took it to a local gunsmith this morning.

The spring in the disconnector was installed incorrectly. However, in my Stag Arms LPK, the Disconnector spring, trigger spring, and hammer spring, were all installed on the respective parts. There were a couple bent coils at the bottom.

So he swapped it out with a spare one that he had, and that solved HALF the problem. The problem still existed, but was a little better. I think he said the part of the hammer than engages the disconnector was grinded down at the factory a tad too much? Or maybe it was the disconnector? I don't know, I'm tired and also a noob.

Anyway, he replaced the disconnector and trigger and after that could not replicate the problem.

From where did you purchase that Stag LPK?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 3:16:01 AM EDT
This is what the gunsmith posted about it.

"The Hammer Sear Hook/Catch was gound down too far before parking,it was aboit.030 underground. This mandated that the Front Limiter Tab on the Disconnector had to be filed down to force the Disconnector ..030 more forward to take up the difference.

Also as you said the Disconnector Spring was fubar, and the Trigger Disconnector Slot was too shallow to allow sufficient Disconnector movement rearward. "

I got the kit from http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 4:02:45 AM EDT
Sounds like you have an experienced smith.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 4:24:53 AM EDT
I had this problem with a CMMG LPK I bought. To fix it I had to replace the hammer, disconnector and disconnector spring. Runs like a champ now. The parts were out of spec.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:05:17 AM EDT
Stag sent me a new FCG no questions asked. Works fine now.

So, +1 for them for standing by their product.
Top Top