Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2012 7:19:55 AM EDT
thinking of getting one on my shotgun..it's now equipped with a fiber optic front and rear,the rear is adjustable for elevation but it still shoots over a foot high at 50yds..its really a cheapo thing that sits on the rib.
I have a place for a  rail as my receiver is pre drilled for that.  Sooooo.....whats best?
 You got your Pride Fowler,C-more has a nice one in their RTS, Of course Trijicon,Vortex,Leupold and even Eotech has one..So..who has experience with any of these?..I left out the Burris Fastfire as i'm told to steer clear of them...not sure why..

I should also add that i would prefer one that doesn't have a different colored lens..you know, like the trijicon reflex sights that seem to have a rather greenish lens to them?
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
What have been told about the Burris fastfire? I've been thinking about getting one for my 870, but if they're junk I'll wait.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
for some reason my gunsmith said to steer clear of them...but...i just got a good price on one and bought it..i figured why spend to much on something i've never tried and maybe won't like..if i think it's a awesome set up i can always sell the fast fire and up grade
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Fastfire's are great once you get them sighted in.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah. There is nothing wrong with the new FastFires.

I really like my Trijicon RMRs, though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Not another "BEST" thread.
What is the best cheeseburger?
What is the best  pick up truck?
What is the best AR?
Get what I am saying? What is "best" for me may be the "worst" for someone else. It's better to ask what others like and why.

I tried the Fastfire on my 870 but I have found that my eyes pick up a simple gold bead much faster. But you need to find what works for you.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah. There is nothing wrong with the new FastFires.

I really like my Trijicon RMRs, though.

thats what my gunsmith told me to get..a RMR..does it have clear or colored glass?...if i like the idea of a reflex on my shotgun..maybe i'll save up for one
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#7]
The glass is tinted, but I'm not sure why you're thinking that's a problem. When you're actually using one (not just looking through it at the kitchen table) you don't even notice the tint.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for an RMR  

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top