Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2002 3:28:04 PM EDT
loking for the best price on brass cased ammo.i have some wolf now have not tried it yet...i usally hand load all my ammo but looking to "stock pile" a little away for a rainy day...this ammo does not have to be reloadable...it's going to be used in a dpms shortie carbine...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
  That is a hard question to answer as we need to know what exact ammo you are looking for.
If you're looking at some decent brass cased 5.56mm for stock pile, I would suggest looking at Federal Lake City XM193 or Winchester Q3131A. These brands will range from $85-$95 per 500case at best.
If you are looking at anything cheap, but still decent, you can look to buy South African 300 rnd battlepacks at around $39

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
looking for anything reliable and accurate..
with a good storage life.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Lake City - XM193
IMI - M193
Winchester - Q3131A
All Mil-spec and new and with proper storage will be around longer than we are.
 The South African is good too but it has a 15 to 20 year head start on you...IMHO
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Before you buy any ammo for [i]long term storage[/i] with a DPMS rifle buy small quantities and make sure the rife will digest them.

See my reply to the [i]long term storage[/i] message minutes ago.

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top