Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:27:56 PM EDT
I have two stripped lowers one a stag other one bushmaster your thoughts on best kit?Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:00:33 PM EDT
I don't know if its the best but I like the CMT LPK's from some of the dealers on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:11:10 PM EDT
CMT/Stag LPKs are AWESOME. The quality is very noticable, as I was able to install a CMT LPK with in only 30 minutes with only torx screw drivers substituting for punches to install the two roll pins.

By comparison, I struggled a little with olympic arm's kit.

I installed the CMT onto a olympic arms stripped lower jsut for reference.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:07:45 AM EDT
RRA lpks are top quality.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:33:33 AM EDT
personal comparison to the others mentioned along with a few others bushmaster gets my vote, hands down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:24 AM EDT
I bought two CMT/Stag kits last year about this time. This year I'm going to buy 3 more for the receivers I'm going to buy with my tax return.

I haven't compared them to other kits, but I'm so impressed I'm not going to take a chance on anything else.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:50:53 AM EDT
I have used several RRA LPKs and have never had any trouble with any of them
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:24:59 AM EDT
Stag Arms best LPk out there by far
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:34:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 6:57:07 PM EDT by G-CODE]
I enjoy CMT LPK's. I've used Bushy, RRA, and DPMS in the past. By looking at the kits side by side, I can see more attention to detail in the manufacturing processes on the CMT. Also, CMT kits come with the proper metal trigger guard. I cannot prove that they are better than the others, but CMT is #1 on my list of LPK's in semi-auto rigs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:12:05 AM EDT
i love it when one judges the "plastic" trigger guard.

i would rather that than rough detents, odd sized bolt catches, and weak or too long springs
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:46:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
i love it when one judges the "plastic" trigger guard.

It's a nice but not required detail often overlooked by "other" brands of LPK's.

i would rather that than rough detents, odd sized bolt catches, and weak or too long springs

Got a link to CMT LPK's with the above issues?

I love when someone gives a recommendation on a product using

personal comparison
but fails to give actual details for the recommendation.

What is it about Bushy LPK's that makes them superior to the others in your opinion?

Thanks
signed....the judge
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:59:34 AM EDT
COLT!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:07:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:
COLT!

+1.

And yes, they make them with standard FCG pin sizes too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:25:14 PM EDT
I thought all LPKs were the same?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:06:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:

Apparently not as our resident expert eklikwhoa says that Bushmaster parts kits are "hands down" better than the rest based on "personal comparison" by himself. Evidently he feels no need to give any reasons as to how he arrivied at his conslusion. He does have quite a few posts, so maybe he really is an expert.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:00 PM EDT
I believe Herr Stick uses RRA LPK's... I trust his judgement.

TS
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 11:33:50 PM EDT by _DR]

Properly heat treated steel is not soft and will last longer and hold up better.

I'll let you figure out which FCGs are heat treated to the most consistent and measurable standard.
For sport, doesn't really matter unless you are a perfectionist. For serious use, they are not all equal and it does matter.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:33:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:

HECK NO! I've had jookie LPKs go crappy on me. I was getting two rounds per trigger pull. A second round would fire when I let off the trigger. I took it to S.A.W. and had the junk parts replaced with COLT.

Top Top