Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:44:39 AM EDT
Help needed ! Ihave a load worked up in 77gr smk for my rifle finally! this gun only likes IMR4064  with cci mag primer.  I have tried many powders and primers for a winning combination .I am looking for benchrest accuacy ,yet with log range performance,The guys at Sierra say mk is not a hunting bullet ,yet the mk262mod1 is suppposed to be the new best thing. opinions and load combinations requested Im talking long range and magazine compliant! thanks,for any info!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The guys at Sierra say mk is not a hunting bullet ,yet the mk262mod1 is suppposed to be the new best thing.

Well they are right it's not a hunting bullet, heck the state of wisconsin doesn't even consider it(or any "match" bullet)  usable for hunting because it's not an "expanding" bullet.  And while Mk262mod1 is a good round there are actually better preforming rounds out there as far as some aspects of terminal preformance goes. The nosler 77gr bullet, the hornady75gr are two of the better ones from my understanding.

If yer looking for a good hunting round try the 75gr Scirocco from Swift I've heard nothing but good about it. When I called them to ask about it the guy told me it was designed around a 1/8 twist and should work fine out of a 1/7 or 1/9 but IIRC it is a slightly long bullet but it can be loaded to mag length. I'm about to order some up to start working up loads. The Barnes 70gr TSX might be a good one to try too.

Sorry I can't help with load data as I'm just getting set up to reload for .223.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top