Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2005 11:53:12 PM EDT
hi,  I am new in this board and I am from austria. I will buy soon  civil  semi auto version of the steyr Aug for target and fun shooting. My first question is already in the subject line and it is a more theoretical question because here in my country the crime rate is not so hight but in an case of emergency I want to pe prepared.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Start with reading the ammo oracle. It will give you a good idea of what your looking for. After that pick a couple different types of ammo and try them out in the gun to find out what works best in the gun both for reliability and accurecy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Start with reading the ammo oracle. It will give you a good idea of what your looking for. After that pick a couple different types of ammo and try them out in the gun to find out what works best in the gun both for reliability and accurecy.

Good advice.It's best to try a wide variety of ammo before you commit.Sometimes price can be an issuse,so might want to find ammo that is cheap yet reliable and use it for paractice or plinking.Higher quality ammo you might want to use strictly for personal defense because of the higher cost.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the sight and congratulations on your new purchase!

If you stick around you will find that you can learn A LOT from the guys on this sight.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
ok thx for your answers, and thx for the great link.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ok thx for your answers, and thx for the great link.

We do what we can to help out. Welcome to the site.

What version of the AUG are you getting? I just saw something about them doing a fattop AUG now it looked interesting.

Be sure to post some pictures of it when you get it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hi,  I am new in this board and I am from austria. I will buy soon  civil  semi auto version of the steyr Aug for target and fun shooting. My first question is already in the subject line and it is a more theoretical question because here in my country the crime rate is not so hight but in an case of emergency I want to pe prepared.

you lucky bastage!!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top