Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 3:53:12 PM EDT
Hello,
 I recently purchase a Bushmaster Varminter Special.I am going to a large gun show next week and would like to buy about 100 rounds of a bunch of different ammo brands and compare them.I could use some help with what brands and types i should try.I am fairly new to the 223 round and not sure what grain would be best.My barrel is 1 in 9 twist so i think 62 grain is the way to go.I dont want to spend more than $4 a box if i dont have to.I will be using my gun at the range mostly but want to try and get some good groups at 100-200 yards.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,,,,
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you're on the right track...buy a 100 rounds of every type of ammo you can find at the show, 55gr & 62gr. Heavier stuff, too if it's available. Then shoot it, and see what's best in your particular rifle.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top