Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2003 10:42:47 AM EDT
im looking for a simple detachable rear sight for a flat top dissy upper im about to buy.  i was looking at the one cmmg has for $75.  but i swear i saw the same one for less in shotgun news or something.  i really need to stay cheap since i just bought a 10-22 and next week im getting a new upper,  the wife is getting a little restless.  i can upgrade later if i have to.  
thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the ARMS #40, it is a little bit more money but it is worth it.  If you shop around you should be able to find one for about $80-$90.

this place has them for $94.99

[url]www.kieslersonline.com/product/ko_armsmounts.asp?navback=index.asp[/url]

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
ARMS 40 - nothing else comes close
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah i would like one of those or a mad flip-up.  but i thought i would buy the cheap one now and sell it later so i could get the arms, or mad.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the GG&G MAD flip up better than my ARMS #40. Mainly because you can open and close it with one hand easily. I have both, and I may sell my 40s and go all MAD. I still have some new ones not installed yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Since your getting a 'Dissy' look at B.M.A.S stuff in the BM catalog .    
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the GGG MAD, ARMS #40 and a DPMS all on different rifles. The ARMS #40 is the most practical. If clearance is an issue then go with the MAD. The DPMS is bullet proof but doesn't fold down.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#7]
i think i can live with the not folding down issue since i want to get an offset mount anyway.  i will be shooting with just the buis for a while(hopefully not too long though).
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
ARMS 40 without a doubt. Check prices at Kieslers.com
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Tapco has carry handles for like 50 bucks.  You can use that for now, and cut it down later when you add an optic.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tapco has carry handles for like 50 bucks.  You can use that for now, and cut it down later when you add an optic.
View Quote

I recall a thread (no time to hunt right now) where someone cut one of those Leapers carry handles for a BUIS.  I think that he had a horrible time getting it clamped down with only one screw, and it wouldn't hold zero worth a damn.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
The DPMS sight I have.

[url]https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/pantherarms/shopexd.asp?id=645[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the ARMS #40.

No problems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#13]
ARMS #40 all the way.  the spring loaded action help keep the sight upright even if brush again objects.  The nice spring action although can be jammed by lots of mud, but it is not big deal, you just give it a little push to help it up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Legal Transfers just put the #40 on sale for $85 + SH

I have the #40 and the KAC 600m.  I like the KAC a little better, but it is not worth twice the $, and the big hole on the #40 is better for quick work.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I recall a thread (no time to hunt right now) where someone cut one of those Leapers carry handles for a BUIS.  I think that he had a horrible time getting it clamped down with only one screw, and it wouldn't hold zero worth a damn.
View Quote

Thanks for that heads up.  I've been toying around with the idea of picking one up just to see if I could do it.  I figured I'd start with a cheap one instead of ruining the one I bought for 100 bucks. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Legal Transfers just put the #40 on sale for $85 + SH

I have the #40 and the KAC 600m.  I like the KAC a little better, but it is not worth twice the $, and the big hole on the #40 is better for quick work.  
View Quote

I have the KAC 600 m.  Thank heaven for the Equipment Exchange.  I put together my M4gry using the EE almost exclusively.  I paid 125 for the KAC BUIS.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a heck of a price for that sight.  I paid a little more, and still thought I was getting a great deal.  I needed a flip up that was height adjustable, and that was the only one on the market.  

The KAC 300m can't hold a candle to it, or to the #40, IMHO.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#18]
BTW, here's the $85 sale thread (no, I have no affiliation, just thought it was relevant to this topic.  If I am breaking any rules, I apologoze).
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=151484&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#19]
kieslersonline.com has the dpms for 59.95 i think ill go with them. they also have a great price ont the #40 too but i'm gonna have to wait a little while. i figure ill use it for a while and sell it on ebay and then get the #40. that'll give the wife some time to forget about all of the money ive been spending.   i havent heard anybody say anything real bad about the dpms sight yet so i think it'll be OK till i can upgrade.   they also have the fobus g27's for 19.99 which im gonna get also, thats the best price ive seen on those too.

thanks alot guys!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#20]
ARMS #40 hands down!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I am quite happy with my ARMS #40. For me clearance is an issue, but my SN-4 still manages to clear fine.  I asked around before I bought, and it was down to GG&G and the ARMS.  I finally went with the ARMS and I am really glad that I did.  I'm quite satisfied with the results:

Bushmaster
ARMS #40
ARMS #5
US Optics SN-4 Rapid Response Optics

[img]http://www.911products.org/MWR/bm.jpg[/IMG]

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#22]
ARMS #40.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Thanks for that heads up.  I've been toying around with the idea of picking one up just to see if I could do it.  I figured I'd start with a cheap one instead of ruining the one I bought for 100 bucks. [:D]
View Quote

I did do this, I started with a Leapers MIC unit, as a "test". The face of the handle that the rear sight rests against was completely out of plane. I had to build up the face with JB Weld, file and smooth and level it, just to get it to shoot straight. I then did the cut to my Bushmaster carry handle, like I should have done in the first place.
The project is actually easy, once you get over cutting that $100. Just cut the upper arm, leaving enough material to protect the sight, and at whatever angle you like. I gave mine a slight forward angle. And cut the bottom rail in front of the rear clamp. Over cut both, so you have some area to clean up, and square off the cuts. I refinished the sight base with Brownell's Teflon/Moly. It came out sweeeet![:)]

ED;OBTW, I also use an ARMS# 40 on another M4, but I changed out the cut "horizon line" aperature, to a modified A1 aperature.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#24]
just an update guys,

i took your advice and ordered the #40 from adcofirearms.com along with the RRA a4 mid-length upper instead of the dissy.  i also ordered a surefire g2.[:D]  hope it gets here soon!!  

lets see i ordered it about 20mins ago...
is it too soon to go outside and wait for the brown truck?

thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I had the ARMS #40 I really liked the sight but the rear aperature was a pain in the ASS.

I Have a KAC 600M and I really like it better.

I have used the 300M too and I like them but I also preffer the 300-600M potential of the 600m BUIS

[b]The KAC sights have a lot less clutter and don't obscure as much of the target.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#26]
without question the ARMS #40.  used it during OIF through some pretty rough handling, never lost zero, easy to get to, tough as nails.  used KAC 300 before...good BUIS, but for my money the #40 gets the vote.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top