Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:35:48 PM EST
posted this in the industry forum, but could not get any answers. So i thought i would try here as well...

just curious.. i was looking throught the bravo company uppers thread and i noticed that several of the uppers were stamped differently "bcm". by this i mean some uppers were stamped only on the extraction port side, while others were just the opposite, and others were stamped on both. just curious as to why this was.

thanks...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:58:04 PM EST
I believe that the newer ones, within the last 3-6 months have the BCM logo on both sides...

Bravo (Paul) will have the definitive answer for you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:07:15 PM EST
I just received a BCM Middy last week and it only had "BCM" on one side.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:41 PM EST
Have had 4 of them with no markings at all anywhere that indicated BCM not even the box they came in..

Didn't get a hat with them either....

Mainly because non of that existed at first...all you got was first class quality...now you get that and a hat and a logo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:03:13 PM EST
I just ordered a middy.... it will be here Friday, will I be getting a hat?? Oh joy!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:45:12 PM EST
I wish the logo was optional. Great product but the logo looks kind of cheesy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:20:48 AM EST
I don't think there is any rhyme or reason behind it. The one I ordered in January was marked on the left side and the one I received last week was on the ejection port side. Both middys.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:53:20 AM EST
Ejection port side for me. Got mine about a month ago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:04:46 AM EST
Logos appear to be shipping on all BCM uppers, complete with hat!!!

Personally, I like the logo. Should I ever wish to resell the upper, it leaves little room to argue that its anything other than a BCM. I think of it as a stamp or proof of quality manufacturing and superior customer service.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:20:39 AM EST
Wahoooo... I have my Middy coming in on Monday with a new hat even better. Think I will need to take a run down to Rainierarms to get some items for it. I got the BCM chanrging handle but it will not have a bolt tell BCM gets more in stock. But the hand guard will have to be picked up localy... Plus I love Rainierarms have to give some suppor to my local gun shops.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:23:40 AM EST
Received mine last week as well, BCM stamp on ejection port side (I like the stamp) + BCM hat. I notice the new hats say "BCM" while the old ones said "Bravo Company USA."

Not that I'm complaining...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:42:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By Righteous:
I believe that the newer ones, within the last 3-6 months have the BCM logo on both sides...

Bravo (Paul) will have the definitive answer for you.

No, only one side and that is the ejection port side.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:42:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 7:42:50 AM EST by pacman1]
Do your BCM logo'ed uppers also have the keyhole forge mark? Are the BCM logo'ed uppers the same as the upper assembles they sell on their web site?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:15:58 PM EST
Their unbarreled uppers are not marked with BCM
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:46:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By pacman1:
Do your BCM logo'ed uppers also have the keyhole forge mark?

My BCM middy upper has the square forge mark (Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises). I've seen pics of a few others with the same in other threads around the boards here. Most I've seen have the keyhole (Cerro Forge) mark.
Top Top