Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:22:56 AM EST
On a barrel so short, would it be a practical to add a bayonet to it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:25:49 AM EST
Sure. The 14.5-inch barrel is a perfect fit. If you add one of the extended flash hiders such as the 5.5-inch CAR style to a 11.5-inch barrel the bayonet will work fine too.

I use my UZI bayonet on my UZI SMG all the time. It really helps keep the paper targets from rushing me while I reload

www.m9bayonet.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:05:38 PM EST
I don't know about a 10.5, but on a carbine length it seems logical. IMO, it would be perfect in a katrina situation where you mite be held up in a room trying to keep marauders (sp) at bay.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:11:17 PM EST
A knife is a great tool that everyone should carry all the time.
Having it able to be mounted on a rifle makes it a better tool.
Plus it will look cool
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:35:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By hannism:

WTF a bayonet??? What are you going to do with it? Open your mail??? Spend your money on ammo and range time to learn how to shoot. Do you even own an AR????? Or any firearm for that matter???
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:37:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By tbougie1:

WTF a bayonet??? What are you going to do with it? Open your mail??? Spend your money on ammo and range time to learn how to shoot. Do you even own an AR????? Or any firearm for that matter???

Who the hell are you to tell him - or anyone, how to spend their time and money?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:38:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 2:39:47 PM EST by MOS2111]

Fucking commie. What do you think he is going to do with it? Fix bayonet and do a drive by. SBR with bayo is the ULTIMATE in home defense.

ETA: can you tell me one AMERICAN military rifle that is a civilian collectible/ favorite that you can NOT attach a bayo to?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:42:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By GhostRing:

Who the hell are you to tell him - or anyone, how to spend their time and money?

Who the hell are you to tell me what I can post ??? Do you personally use a bayonet in your day to day shooting?? Get off my ass. I am just trying to tell him where his cash is best spent to be more capable with his skills. Unless, of course you hava a better idea..
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:43:09 PM EST

Fuckin idiot.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:47:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By MOS2111:

Fucking commie. What do you think he is going to do with it? Fix bayonet and do a drive by. SBR with bayo is the ULTIMATE in home defense.

ETA: can you tell me one AMERICAN military rifle that is a civilian collectible/ favorite that you can NOT attach a bayo to?

Nice post..have you read your sig lately??? Perhaps you should.. And I won't say that your an IDIOT for your commie comment..grow up!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:49:08 PM EST
No jokes for you much huh?

What does my sig line have to do with you?
Search me, and see what you find before speaking OUT OF POCKET.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:52:36 PM EST
I feel like I am having a battle of wits with unarmed men.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:55:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 2:56:53 PM EST by MOS2111]
Why because you summarily dismissed a question about bayonets and were called out?
It works on a 14.5 but you would have to have NFA toys or be USGI to know that. We did have a member here cut an m7 to fit a 10.5 in.

You just got hit for your reply, no battle has ensued.

Hey worst case it will boost your post count right?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:58:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By pvtwillig:
A knife is a great tool that everyone should carry all the time.
Having it able to be mounted on a rifle makes it a better tool.
Plus it will look cool

I lover my M9! And you're right,it DOES look cool!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:59:36 PM EST

I guess it's Friday already.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:02:37 PM EST
Why not just keep a katana on you?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:03:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 4:05:15 PM EST by MOS11C]

Who the hell are you to tell me what I can post ??? Do you personally use a bayonet in your day to day shooting?? Get off my ass. I am just trying to tell him where his cash is best spent to be more capable with his skills. Unless, of course you hava a better idea..

It doesn't sound like the OP was asking about practicality relating to day-to-day shooting.

If so he would've asked about installing a bayonet in any rifle and not just an SBR.
Maybe he already has a bayonet on another rifle and is getting an SBR. I'm just guessing.

MOS11C 7th Infantry "The Spirit of the Bayonet".
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:04:25 PM EST

Why because you summarily dismissed a question about bayonets and were called out?
It works on a 14.5 but you would have to have NFA toys or be USGI to know that. We did have a member here cut an m7 to fit a 10.5 in.

You just got hit for your reply, no battle has ensued.

Hey worst case it will boost your post count right?

I see your count rising also.. your commie comment was out outline. Do you have anything to add that will benefit this post???
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:08:54 PM EST
And you have no reading comprehension. Look at my post right after yours.
It was a JOKE.

In case you missed the several points I added.

Can you tell me one AMERICAN military rifle that is a civilian collectible/ favorite that you can NOT attach a bayo to?

Seems like I have added more than you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:12:27 PM EST
The 14.5" is made for mounting a bayonet. The 10.5" would require a special bayonet.

As for the rest of you- stop.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:13:15 PM EST
this ain't GD guys
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:22:28 PM EST
Gee, I guess I apologize, I didn't see any of your cute little smiley faces to point out the humor in your post. Perhaps you need to articulate your comments in writing and not rely on animation. Anyway I am on to the next topic..you all can hash this out..
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:25:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 4:04:32 PM EST by MOS11C]

I've been interested in the shortened bayonet for my 11.5 SBR.

I did a "bayonet" search on the AR15 section and found 158 threads in 2 years.
I'm with you.....Looks like a lot of people interested in the subject.

MOS11C 7th Infantry "The Spirit of the Bayonet".
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:33:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By twonami:
this ain't GD guys

My Bad...Should have toned downed the original reply.. Thanks for the spanking twonami...BTW your sig ...the past president of our club in an LZ Albany survivor...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:44:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 3:46:27 PM EST by shadowcop]
Been a long time since fixed bayonets were actually used in war. As for it's usefulness, sure, it can be useful. I want bayonet lugs on all my rifles that have the ability. Not too long ago they were illegal. The 10.5" would be nice but the cut down bayos look kind of fucked up to me. My 14.5 looks perfect with it.
And to hannism, the OP, please ignore the stupid comments.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:47:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 3:49:07 PM EST by Quarterbore]
I think I have somewhere around 2-dozen M9 Bayonets (I have not counted in a long time so I could have more then 3-dozen as they stack deep) and like everything else they are a tool. I have an M9 Bayonet under the seat of my truck and I have used it tp dispatch at least two deer that were kit by cars. I also use it as a camp knife as it can chop wood to get a fire started and all kinds of uses.

They are not the perfect knife, but they are plenty good to do a lot of stuff. If I have to bug in or bug out you can bet there will be an M9 attached to my ARs. I do have the bayonet for the UZI too but that really is an impractical weapon but what EBR owner would not want a bayonet for their machinegun? I have bayonets for my FALs and AKs too.

Bayonets may have limited use in the real world but damn if I will be without one and if you look at my site from the 2nd post you may learn there are a TON of different M9 Bayonet varients that makes them fun to collect too!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:21:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 4:22:55 PM EST by CLICKBANGBANG]
i might not have a paper target rush me but in my brd soul i feel i need one. my next ar will be a 14.5 w/per attached flash hider so it is settled. i will get one. thank you for talking me into it. i just might get to take a core sample in the event someone came uninvited into my home. and that is a good enough point to me. to the op, not pointless if you like it or think you need it.

edit to dominate the top of page two!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:18:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 5:42:52 PM EST by MOS11C]
Fk it!
I'm buying a bunch of bayonets at the gun show tomorrow...I'll use masking tape to install them on my rifles that lack bayonet lugs or that won't fit.
Bayonets have very sharp "points"...thus are not "pointless".
Sorry....after these many drinks it's hard to stay in topic.

There is one for the CZ SP01/P01 and I have both guns. I should get that one too.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:37:43 PM EST

Actually, I own several firearms.

Once I get a gunsmith to perm-attach a Yankee Hill Phantom flash suppressor to my 14.5 inch barrel, then I will have an AR15. After that's done, I'll be building an AR15 for my wife.

I also have a Mossberg 590, which has a bayonet mount. I have a Glock 19 and a Taurus M85.

In the past, I've also owned a Makarov, WASR10, SKS and Mosin Nagant M44.

For learning how to shoot, I was an expert marksman in the Air Force. I do not have any combat training or have I even been near a combat zone. Aside from shooting the AR15 in the service, I don't really know much about it, like cleaning, etc. I'm a novice when it comes to the AR15.

However, I am going to mount a bayonet on my Mossberg 590 for home defense. The question about putting one on a 14.5" or shorter barrel was a theoretical question. Would I put a bayonet on it? Perhaps if SHTF, then yes, I would. But, for shooting at the range, no.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:57:25 PM EST

I have a bayonet mounted on my HD rifle 24/7. And it's a 16" w/carbine gas system, so it looks extra stupid. Perhaps you'd like to offer your expert opinion on my audacious choice as well?

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:07:54 PM EST
One thing I like to remember is some guns are hobby guns some are tools and some fall in the middle. Alot of the fun with military weapons is all the other stuff that comes with them. Sometimes life is more then building an ammo fort Hey with some guns you need the bayonete. Mosins do not shoot point of aim without them
also who needs a gun rag with one just stick the bayonet into the ground like a pitch fork
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:22:09 PM EST

bayonet on a 10.5 or 14.5 barrel? pointless?

Well, if it's like all the bayonets I've seen, it would have at least one point.

A point-less bayonet would be pretty... useless.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:52:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ahiodsohi:

I have a bayonet mounted on my HD rifle 24/7. And it's a 16" w/carbine gas system, so it looks extra stupid. Perhaps you'd like to offer your expert opinion on my audacious choice as well?

img528.imageshack.us/img528/8288/59019176iu4.jpg

img337.imageshack.us/img337/5019/84121194oh0.jpg

hehe, awesome pic, bro!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:39:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 8:41:57 PM EST by weptek911]

Trolling a tech forum is highly frowned upon. Consider yourself frowned upon.

The best reason for affixing a bayonet is it makes liberals and hippies and Diane Feinstein cry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:07:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 12:07:53 AM EST by 82ndAbn]
this isn't the pit
Top Top